An old fashion baby shower

Harper's POV

Today was my baby shower. Dalton and the boys were at the house working on the nursery. According to the women, this was our time and they needed to make themselves useful.

I was also ordered by Ember and the others not to lift a finger. Today was about the baby and I. They just wanted me to relax and have a good time.

I waddled around as I sampled different items. I couldn't resist. All the food was country food and the best out there since everything was homemade.

We ate while we talked amongst each other. Then came the games, which followed by the gifts. I received quite a bit of stuff. They gave me baby items and clothes, plus many, many diapers.

The shower lasted four hours before most of everyone finally left. I waited on Dalton to pick me up, which gave me opportunity to eat some pie.

"Thank you for everything today," I told Ember, Cass, Amy, Patty and Dalton's grandmothers.

They all looked at me as I started to cry.

"Sweetheart why are you crying," Ember asked.

"I miss my momma," I cried.

She walked over and wrapped her arms around me, offering comfort.

"We know hunny but she is watching over you and keeping an eye on you," she reasoned.

I nodded as I hugged her.

A girl always needs her momma when she's expecting. Ember was the closet thing to it. For that I was grateful.

I finished crying and she helped me clean my face up. The hormones were making me a crying mess which is completely normal.

Then the door opened and Dalton came in to see my face all red and puffy. He looked at Ember and she gave him a knowing look. He nodded as he limped over to me.

"Darlin, I know you miss them but I also know they loved you very much," he reassured me. I nodded as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Now, dry those tears because it's time to show you the nursery," he ordered which caused me to smile.

********
Dalton's POV

I brought Harper home and led her into the house, up to the nursery. I had a feeling she would like it. She walked in and gasped.

We created a horse themed nursery for Hank

We created a horse themed nursery for Hank. I wanted him to have a piece of something I loved.

"Dalton, it's beautiful," she exclaimed as she looked at everything. I watched her as she walked around, running her hands over different things.

She stopped at the painting next to the crib and looked at it. I limped over and wrapped my arms around her from behind as she smiled.

"I think that's my favorite thing," she remarked as I placed my hands on her belly.

"Why's that," I said in a deep husky voice.

"Because it reminds me of your passion. You're so passionate about horses," she said simply.

"Well, I'm more passionate about my wife. Which the doctor has cleared me to proceed with my husband duties," I mentioned as she turned to me. I looked into her eyes as fire burned inside me. I wanted my wife.

I led her out of the nursery and to our room. From there, I helped her with her clothes as I made quick of losing mine. We had to be creative due to her swollen belly.

I laid behind her as I moved her leg, sliding inside of her. It had been a while since we had martial relations due to my injury. She gasped as I moved back and forth, rolling my hips against her backside.

As I moved she clenched the sheets. I went slow and deep with each thrust. I wanted to feel her completely and have her know she was mine.

As I took her, we moved together, until she let out a throaty groan as I followed suit. Making love to my wife after not being able to was the best feeling in the world. I had sorely missed being intimate with her.

We laid there and I rubbed her belly. Hank was kicking and I loved feeling his kicks against my hand. Harper laid there in comfortable silence as she felt my touch against her skin. This was my favorite time with my wife, not saying anything but just being here together.

I drifted off to sleep as we slept peacefully in each other's arms as Harper followed suit.

The next morning I awoke and got ready. My folks were bringing over the items from the shower. Sawyer and Cass also came along to help. I put on some coffee, when I felt a hand on me. I turned and smiled as she smiled back at me.

"Hungry," I asked her.

"Starving," she groaned as she rubbed her belly.

"Have a seat and tell little man to settle down. I'll get breakfast together," I said as she took a seat at the table. I poured her a cup of coffee and handed it to her as I went to work, whipping up a hearty breakfast.

As soon as I finished, my family arrived just in time. Good thing I made a lot. Pa and Sawyer brought in the baby stuff while ma and Cass helped me with the food.

After we all finished, we all sat down and had breakfast together. We talked about the baby, the new stables that were going to be built and everything else.

As much as I love the rodeo, I loved this more. Family was everything. Without it, dreams meant nothing.

People don't realize that when you become popular doing something you love, you also miss the one thing in your life and that's family. Traveling from town to town with the circuit became lonesome. The people you want around you, aren't.

Do I regret walking away? No. Sometimes other things are more important. To me it was family.

After breakfast Harper showed ma and Cass the nursery since they hadn't seen it. They loved it. Said it was fitting for a family that loved horses.

Sometimes you have to incorporate your love into a part of your family. I couldn't wait until Hank was here and old enough to ride. I wanted to share my love of riding with him.