Chapter One : Being cowardly smart

Ivory is a pretty and polite young lady of a respectable family.She is polite and charming but she never has any conflict at home or at school which is very admirable.

Though she is almost perfect in everyone's mind.
This woman is just simply...A COWARD.

She doesn't like to be at disadvantage situation so she research her potential rivals and make alot of compromising to please them so she always avoid conflict.Even her step sisters love her because she is always willing to help them hooked up with the guys who is courting her .
She's very generous and benevolent.
But she just knew that to be safe, enemies should be befriend and not agitate them further.
This is how she survive in the world.
But if the people is below her level,she will retaliate.This is her own way of survival and she is managing herself well.

She's pleased on her own achievement and she doesn't think there's a need to change her way of thinking.

"I cannot handle it anymore. .The pain of being a trash..I want to change my life and make my name known even to heaven..I want to become the greatest genius.To love and be loved..."

Ivory heard a sobbing voice from her slumber.She twist and turn as if in pain.

"I want them to pay for the injustice I felt! I want all of them to die in a horrible death!"

Ivory rashly wake up and held her chest firmly.
She can still feel the contempt and agony of the woman in her dream.
She look out in the window and a sharp lightning followed by a deafening thunder echoed and shake the ground.

"Ah!" She scream and hide under the blanket.

Ivory has no fear on thunder or lightning but the shake in the ground frightened her and her scary dream full of resentful adds to her shaking.

"Young Miss?"
A soft voice is heard outside the room..
Ivory never heard this voice before and it scares her even more.

"W-who are you? I-If you're a ghost,I'll punch you."
Ivory says while her teeth is shattering in her freight.

"Young Miss,it's me,your servant May."

May?
Who is this May?

"I don't know any May! How did you enter my apartment? Are you a burglar?"
From being scared from the thunder,Ivory started to be scared for her life.
A burglar? She never encounter a theif before because she's very careful.How did this happens now that her roommate is not here?

"Miss? Are you still sick? I only want to see your condition.May I come in?"

"No! No.. Who are you fooling?Wait? This is not my room---Where...Where am I?"

As if a cue,here head received a thousand of memory,feelings,emotion,scenario and situation.The load of information rush in and her head had hard time digesting these.

"Ahhhhh!! Stop...Stooooppp! It hurts..Stop!!!!"

Ivory cannot handle the pain and past out.
Before she lose consciousness she saw a petite maid rush in and assist her.
She can somehow learn that the small girl is her only ally in this strong eats weak world.
As she close her eyes with the glint of tear in the corner of her eyes from pain.

She hopes to wake up on her apartment safe and sound.

But morning comes.
The raging storm last night wash the rundown mansion and the leaves scattered everywhere.

May is busy on heating her Mistress bath. She's gonna cook her breakfast after this and sweep the leaves.
She earnestly do her household chores silently as she can so she won't wake up her sleeping Mistress.

It's been a while that Ivory woke up.
She already has the memory of the original owner of her body now as if it was her own.
She is digesting everything and trying to accept her fate as soon as she can.
She's a realist.
Even though she doesn't want to be here she is already here and she has no guts to commit suicide to see if she can come back to her original world.
She look at her room.
It screams luxury.
Her clothes,her decorations,her bed and the expensive jewelry in her drawer are gonna fetch some sure cash.
But the mansion when she went out is already falling apart.
Only her room maintain it's former glory.

"You're awake,Miss?"

"Good morning,May.What is for breakfast?" She lazily ask.

May timidly fidget.
She lower her head and stops sweeping the leaves. She looks very embarrass.

"I made you a bowl of porridge.W-we can't even afford an egg,I'm sorry Miss."

A bowl of porridge with no chicken stock or any seasoning,not even a small egg?

Ivory look at the thin maid and knew that she doesn't have anything to eat since yesterday.

"You should eat the porridge today.Later,we will leave and sell some jewelry."

The maid look really astonished.
Her eyes widen with disbelief.

"Those jewels? You say you won't sell them so you can still attend party wearing them."

"Hmp.Who will ask an orphan to a party? I already accepted that I'm no longer the young Miss of a general's house.We live in a rundown house and eats porridge without any taste.Looking good outside doesn't mean living good inside.Come on.Eat the food. We will leave after I took a bath."

May nods and her eyes shows how glad she was.

Ivory thinks of the situation she's currently in.
The original owner of the body is a proud general's daughter. She is famed as being extremely beautiful and proud. Her mother is lovely and kind. Their house is filled with love and people who loves them.

But her father died saving the Prince life.Her mother died from giving birth and her baby brother died from an unknown illness. One by one the people who cares and support their family left life they are scared to be infected of their fate. She has no relative and become the family head.She's only 12 back then.Alot of people who stays by her side only use her wealth for themselves. When she realize something is amiss,the only thing left is her chest full of jewelry her mother hide for her.No one but her and May knows about the chest of jewelry.
Being alone,she use the jewelry to flaunt when she is invited in a party.But everytime,she is scammed to gift the jewelry to the 'friends' who invited her with the promise of staying as her friend but no one remains by her side.
Over the years,the chest full of jewelry is now reduce to one tenth of the chest and even now.No one but May stay by her side.

"Ivy,you're really pitiful.But why do I have to be you? I have my perfect life infront of me and now I'm in a pitfall of problem thanks to you." Ivory sigh and submerge her head in the tub.
She can't still believe what happens.
If she can't believe this reality,maybe all of this is just a lie? Right?

El's Corner : I really want to make her a courageous young miss but a coward female lead sounds fun so I go for that.