17 | B U T T E R F L I E S

I am folded and unfolded
                              and unfolding ...
I am colorblind.

   "What do you mean he left?", Ember fiercely asked, her head feeling light as her eyes flickered towards the row of beds underneath the high windows

   "I mean that he's no longer here", Madame Pomfrey replied. "He's fully healed and he intended to go, so I saw no need to keep him further in here."

   Ember sighed in silence, as she shook her head. It was the last night of her detention; the last week had been quite a fun, even though she had to polish bed pans, what she - despite she was prohibited to - did with magic any time Madame Pomfrey wasn't around, so she was done after an hour and could spend the rest of the night talking to Harry.

   Ron most of the time remained silent, every now and then cracked a smile or let a snicker escape his lips, but refused to look at Ember completely.

   Now she was alone with him.

   "He's sorry", Ron said, face hidden behind The Quibbler Luna had brought him in the afternoon. "He wanted me to tell you. He's trying to figure out a way to get that memory from Slughorn."

   "Fine", Ember muttered, not even throwing him a glimpse, and after that they fell back into a heavy uncomfortable silence.

   It was far past midnight, when Ember had finished her duty, and the torches only spent a weak glimming, ready to lapse as she rushed towards the exit in large steps.

   "You're leaving?", Ron asked, having her stopping so abruptly as if she'd walked into an invisible wall.

   "I'm obviously not entering", she said without turning around.

   "Uhm yes, I see", mumbled the redhead. As there were no other words coming out of his mouth, Ember's legs moved further on, reaching the door arch and the lights went out. "Goodnight, Emmie", said Ron, and for a second she got a hold on the door handle, whispering, "Goodnight, Ron", before she closed it and started running into the darkness.

·

   "I need your help."

   "I know, Harry, but blimey! I have no idea how to get that memory from the old walrus, so —"

   "No no no, not that", Harry cut his sister off, rubbing his neck. "You're close to Malfoy."

   "Oh, don't remind me", Ember growled, rolling her eyes. She shut the book in front of  her with a thud, gaining her a sharp glare from Madame Pince. "Also have missed a couple of months, have you? I haven't talked to the ferret in ages, neither do I intend to."