Chapter 15

Zoe POV

I know you're wondering wow what's up with Zoe? she's so evil.

I'm upset about Connor and me. I know he is too. I've heard his sighs and I've noticed his slightly less intense glares recently. It's true that we aren't talking. I really don't mind anymore.

Like Alana said, he's happy so he's more focused on Evan and all that. What that means for me is that my own brother won't bang on my door until it almost breaks. He won't hold me against a wall and scream in my face. He won't even steal my black nail polish. I need that. I like nail art.

I can feel that he wants to talk, but can't. I can, I'm just not going to. After all he put me through, he can't say it isn't true, that he wasn't the monster I knew. Sure he's happy and sweet to the one guy he actually likes, but he's still Connor.

Evan POV

Connor told me about how he and Zoe haven't talked in exactly seventeen days. It's been over two weeks. That's crazy. I actually wish I had a sibling. Someone to talk to when mom isn't home.

I decided that I want to help. "What if you guys talk or something? I can't really relate to the problem, but you seem sad and I can't have that," I said, holding his hand.

"I don't know. It's frustrating. I feel terrible about everything. I wish everything was different. Except for you, obviously."

"Well I'm not sure what to do. I've never really wanted to talk to someone who doesn't like me."

"What, does she hate me? I hate thinking, let alone knowing, that people hate me. Like if you hated me, I'd probably kill myself."

"Don't say that." He looked away. I feel really bad. "What if you went to A La Mode? That's a happy place. It's ice cream."

"I suppose."

~

Well this is tense.

"So you're using our parents as an excuse to justify your behavior?" Zoe crossed her arms, raising her voice.

"I'm not justifying it, I'm trying to understand it," Connor retorted.

She scoffed. "What I'm not understanding is why you-"

"I don't like you hating me and I want to fix it but you wo-"

"Guys?" I stayed still in my seat.

They continued. I put my spoon back down as I uncomfortably listened to the Murphy siblings yell at each other. I'm getting nervous.

I sipped on my water and thought about climbing trees. That's fun. Nevermind. I broke my arm doing it.

I heard my name in Zoe and Connor's conversation. I looked up and heard bits and pieces. Connor hurt Zoe. I heard Zoe listing all of the things he's done.

"You're horrible, Connor," Zoe spat.

I not feeling that great right now. 

~~~

Hey readers! I love you guys. Your comments are so great, whether they're a compliment or a musical reference, and I really can't say this enough, but thank you for putting up with me and my hobby (writing fanfiction)!!!!