Wilhelmina sighed and put her hand over her face. “Breathe. Sip your hot chocolate.”

Her glare compelled him to comply.

“Have you had a dog before?”

Alastair shook his head. His mom didn’t want to get the twins one after they realized En was allergic to cats.

Del had friends who did, though. They usually let Alastair play with their pets when he came over.

Wilhelmina picked up her tea. “We should probably stop by the pet store.”

“What for?”

She put her free hand on her hip. “Do you have puppy food in your pockets?”

Oh, right…

“Give me your hand,” she said.

Alastair gave her his good hand.

They then appeared in front of a large building.

When they went in, a woman in a green shirt said, “Welcome to the store!” She had a giant smile on her face. “Are you looking for anything in particular?”

“Just some puppy supplies,” Wilhelmina replied.

“Let me know if you need anything,” the lady said.

He waved before following Wilhelmina to the back of the store.

“What food should we get for her?” Wilhelmina furrowed her eyebrows. “I should do some research…”

Alastair’s eyes got big when a screen popped out of her watch.

She flicked through the screens like it was nothing.

“Okay, I’ll get the food.” She turned away from him. “Why don’t you look for a collar?”

He smiled as he went to look for the dog collars.

What kind should Alastair get? It was important to get one that was the right size, but that still left a lot of choices.

She was a girl so the puppy probably wouldn’t appreciate a blue collar. White things tended to show stains, so that was out. Yellow might blend into her fur too much.

He wouldn’t mind if his puppy had a red collar. It’d look nice on her.

He then grabbed the red collar closest to his eye level.

Wilhelmina scrunched her face when she saw the collar. “Aren’t there any more interesting collars?”

“Well, I like it!”

She shook her head. “No need to get your knickers in a twist…” She then took a breath. “Go wait for me by the entrance. I’m going to pay for our things.”

Alastair then walked to the entrance as slowly as he could. It would probably take her a minute to pay for everything, so why did he need to rush?

Right before Alastair got to where the checkout was, a red package caught his eye, so he got closer to investigate.

Puppy ice cream? The boy didn’t know that was a thing. The puppy would probably love that. He had gotten some when he was too sick to talk. His mom cuddled with him and he got to eat ice cream. Those were the only good things about getting sick like that.