Dear Clara,

I know we haven't spoken in a long time. Before I proceed, I would like you to understand that I am in a tough place. And I would never be doing this if I wasn't desperate and out of options. My job here in Wiltshire is failing and is not sufficient enough to live on anymore. This forces me to search for another job - and the right one is not here in Witley.

My brother has offered me a position in his business, overseas. I need you to take Della in, for the time being. Until I can make a suitable amount of money to come back with. I cannot take her with me and have her always in solitude from my absence.

Please do not let your dislike for me influence your decision. This is your niece we are speaking of. Your beautiful niece that you have never once laid eyes on, in her eighteen years of living. It is time that we put our differences aside. My daughter has a right to know her family.

I would also like to convey how much I loved your sister. When she passed, it ripped me apart - and the fact that you blamed my social standing in society for her sickness, left me obliterated. I did all that I could to save her, and I will not let your unkind accusations haunt me anymore. I loved my wife. You will not take that fact away from me.

Please take plenty of time to think this over, and find it in your heart to move on. If you find it difficult, don't think about doing it in favor to me. Do it for Rose.

Do it for DELLA.

Sincerely,

             Peter Andrews