Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

There are times where I think to myself, why couldn't I have been just a normal orphaned child?

This is one of those times.

Gasping for as much air as I could, I saw two beautifully concerned faces looking at me. Both of them, holding my cold sweaty hands, squeezing them tightly.

"Are you okay?" Tyler asked, pulling me up slowly, then allowing me to rest against his warm blooded body. I opened my mouth to speak, almost afraid to, the pain in my throat came hurling to my senses.

"I... don't.... know....," I managed to get out slowly. It felt like years since I had heard my voice.

"Don't strain yoursel, you hit your head when you fell into the pool," Reid protectively stated, placing his hand over my mouth gently.

I fell? We were at the pool?

"You were unconcious for a little. Reid performed CPR and then you were concious for just a moment, before going out again," Tyler whispered, trying not to scare my fragile self.

I took sometime to muster up enough energy to speak through the pain. I removed Reid's soft hands away from my mouth, but not letting go of the security he provided me.

"I had a dream but I don't think it was a dream."

The boys made a fuss about me walking, so it ended with Reid carrying me bridal style, down the large staircase in Pogue's house, while Tyler monitored his ever step, making sure none of us slipped down on our asses.

Pogue and Caleb were sitting on the couch, in front of the roaring fire talking about something, I couldn't hear. The closer we got, I saw that Caleb was holding an icepack to his head .

"Baby sis is awake," Pogue said, rushing over to my side, taking me from Reid's arms and placing me next to Caleb, who gave me a sleepish smile.

Baby sis? We don't... I don't... What?

It's kind of cute.

I'm not a baby.

You kind of are at the moment.

"You look how I feel," I said to the miserable man by my side.

"Right back at ya baby girl," Caleb chuckle, but then flinched at the pain that it had caused him. "Glad you're alive though," he added patting my leg gently.

"Barely," I answered back.

"We figured with all the screaming," Pogue said kneeling to my side, looking at me with such concern.

"I was screaming?" The boys exchanged looks with each other trying to figure who was going to break the news to me. "Well I couldn't scream in my dream thing so maybe-"

"Dream thing?" Caleb asked. Before I could respond, the burning sensation returned to my arm. I hissed at the pain, rolling my sleeve up, exposing the very red blistered hand print.

"What the hell?!" Pogue exclaimed, grabbing onto my forearm and inspecting the burn.

It definitely wasn't a dream.

After explaining my vision dream thing over and over again, the boys once again looked at each other as if they were speaking telepathically to each other.