[Chapter Five] A New Adventure

It was a bright new day. Finally I could leave, but I know deep inside I didn't want to so what was giving me the urge to? Something, no someone was calling out to me to go. I don't understand who or what it was, but I want to trust it. That morning on Tuesday was when I had to leave. I got out of my bed and got dressed. I still have my school uniform and that's about the only thing I haven't worn in a while. I put it on and left the jacket off. I didn't want people to know where I came from. After all people already know and remember the incident at the school.

Fin watched me walk downstairs and was worried about this plan. Kouki and I planned on leaving today. I know Kouki doesn't want me around and he is more or less using me to defeat the villains quicker. I tend to pay attention to their attacks and movements more than he does and well, he even said it himself. Still, I could leave this place once and for all. I thought about this quite a bit and Fin waited for me at the door.

He looked at me and began to speak. "Kana, are you sure about this? It'll be dangerous."

"I'll be fine. Besides I've thought about it quite a bit and I know what I want to do." I said with a smile to reassure Fin.

"Ah, yes. If you ever want to come back, I'll still be here." Fin had a sad look on his face.

He opened the door and showed me out. Kouki waited outside with an annoyed look. Guess that's because he has to deal with me for a while. I thanked Fin and met up with Kouki. As soon as I met up with him, Fin closed the door and we parted ways.

"Let's get going before anyone else notices we are leaving the city." Kouki said as he started to walk off.

I followed after him and tried my best to keep up with him. We got up to the gates and Kouki dragged me above them and we jumped to the other side. Once we got far enough, Kouki took us out of hiding. I wanted to make small talk with Kouki, but as I expected he ignored me. Why ask me to go with you and then never say anything? Why am I even here? These questions appeared in my mind and I started to get more curious about what was going on.

"Kouki, why am I here?" I asked again. "Can I just get an answer already? It's beginning to annoy me."

Kouki sighed heavily. "I told you before. You are somewhat useful when villains appear. You have a good eye when someone fights them and that's why you are here."

"But you don't like it when I'm involved with stuff like that. Nor do you actually like me all that much. After all, I made things difficult for you." I mentioned to him.

He soon replied. "You're not a hero and you're a civilian. It is not your place to directly get up and close with the villains. They get more dangerous every time and you need to stay back and tell me how to defeat them."

"I'm a lowly civilian and I'm not allowed to be involved so uh why am I?" I replied back confused.

"Can you just shut up for two minutes without making rude, sarcastic comments?" Kouki was annoyed with me.

I looked down. I just reminded myself of what happened and why I had to leave home to begin with. "You should've just left me in Nomako city."

Kouki then looked at and I continued talking. "I've caused enough issues before so why I am here now? If I would've stayed in Nomako then I wouldn't cause any issues."

"Kana, you know that you were struggling there too. You fought with city people the entire time you were there." He said, sighing.

"How do you know I was ever having issues there?" I asked.

"I did have to make sure that kid and their mom didn't report you for talking back." He reminded me about what happened.

I looked up at him. "Wait. That was you? I knew that voice was familiar, but it didn't look like you."