***

Keith

The date hadn't exactly gone how I'd wanted it to originally, but it all worked out in the end.

I should call Lacey about it, maybe I'll even tell her about Max... maybe not.

I felt for him more than I wanted to... I already missed him.

What was going on with me?

I rang Lacey's phone and she answered immediately, in a panicked voice.

"Keith!"

"Lacey? What's wrong?"

"M-My car won't start and if I don't get to him in time-"

"What? Who?"

I could hear her car engine stall in the background, along with the sound of her crying.

"Max! I think he's gonna fucking kill himself!"

I could feel the color drain from my face.

My tongue run dry.

The blood in my veins run cold as it felt like my heart had stopped.

Everything around me was deathly silent as I sprinted to my car as fast as I possibly could. An audible ringing in my ears was all that I could hear.

My car started up and I sped into the road, dodging as many cars as I possibly could.

Then the traffic slowed down, until all the cars around me had stopped - including me.

"COME ON! FUCKING MOVE!" I slammed my palms down on the steering wheel.

1 second...

2...

3...

That's it. There's not enough time for this.

I bolted out of the car and shot my way for his house.

I'd never ran so fast in my entire life.

Images of Max started to run through my head.

Him laughing.

His smile.

The way he looked at me before saying something stupid.

If he was going to rob me of those moments for the rest of my life I would never forgive him.

I feared if I kept running at the speed I was at, my heart would soon burst.

So I ran faster.

My jacket flying behind me as I ran down streets, through other neighborhoods as shortcuts.

I bursted through a neck of woods, not even caring about the branches that were scraping across my face and neck.

Soon I was in his yard.

My feet pounded up his stairs and I practically broke the front door off it's hinges.

***

Max

I heard a boom as my front door busted open

"MAX!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Keith ran into the room, he smacked the pills out of my hand like they were poison, in a way, I guess they were.

"How could you be so selfish! Huh!?" He slammed his palms against my chest, I'd never seen him this angry or hurt before.

"You were gonna take those pills and what!? Leave us forever!?" I could hear the pain and disappointment in his voice.