First Kiss

[fluff][G][1210 words]

     Two months. That's how long they've been dating. Two glorious months. Starfire felt happier than she had in a long time, she and Robin no longer had to hide their attraction for each other. They cuddled and watched movies together and went on dates—basically what any couple would do. But there was just one small thing... they've never had their first kiss.

     Of course, there were a few close moments, such as the time they were lying together and their lips had brushed close together, but they both pulled a part, embarrassed. Or the time Robin had given her a peck on the cheek, which reduced both of them to a flustered mess. But that was before—Starfire believed she was ready now. If only Robin felt himself ready as well.

     Starfire gave a lot of nonverbal nudges to try to get Robin to kiss her, but he never seemed to want to. Still, Starfire was not discouraged.

     Starfire stared at Robin's face as they lay on his bed together. He was on his phone, so he didn't notice at first. She made a huffing noise. No response. She huffed again, this time blowing on his face. He glance over at her, smiled softly and put his phone down, twisting so he was facing her. He put his arms around her waist and gently pulled her closer.

     "Hi"

     "Greetings" she replied. She let a small smile grace her face, in the way she knew drove him crazy. She leaned her head down slightly so she was looking at him through her lashes. Their faces were so close...

     "Er-" Robin's face went pink and he moved back slightly. He got up on his elbows and looked down at her. Her face fell.

     He chuckled nervously. "Hey, we should go watch a movie or something, since we have nothing else to do" Starfire simply stared at the sheet she was twisting between her fingers.

     "Sure."

-

     Starfire was so occupied with her thoughts that she hardly paid any attention to the screen. That, and the fact that she was watching Robin instead of the movie, led to her not recognizing any of the characters in the final scene. Which didn't matter, since she wasn't paying attention to that, either.

     Starfire didn't move to get up when the credits started rolling, instead she leaned into Robin. She stared into his eyes, or at least his mask. That dumb mask. He only ever took it off when they were alone in each other's rooms, but she wished he wouldn't wear it at all. His eyes were beautiful and she wanted to see them all the time.

     She went to peel it off and Robin made no move to stop her. Finally, she could see his eyes again. Granted, it wasn't the best lighting, but they were visible nonetheless. She let her hand rest on his cheek.

     "I love your eyes" She breathed. He averted his eyes but cracked a smile. When he did look back though, he complimented her in return "and i love yours as well. and your nose, and your ears, and your mouth..." He trailed off, a soft blush painting his face.

      Star leaned in close, so their mouths were mere inches apart. Robin's eyes went wide and he turned away.

     "It's- It's kinda late. We should probably head to bed"

     Starfire's heart sunk. Oh she thought I guess he does not to wish to kiss me as much as i do him.

     They walked to his room and she made one last attempt to kiss him.

     After they entered and the door was shut she wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him close. His eyes went wide with curiosity. Dammit she thought he is too cute.

     She brought her face down so her lips brushed against his cheek. she could feel them going hot.

     But he pulled away. As he always does. But this time instead of looking at her hurt expression he just stared at the ground.

     He cleared his throat "Er.. are you gonna stay tonight or..." Often she and Robin would sleep in the same bed, but tonight she just needed some space to think.

     "No," she wrapped her arms around herself, "No, i think i am good"

      She left him standing in the middle of his room.

-

     It didn't take long for Robin to realize something was wrong. Before she knew it, Star was standing in his room, the tension climbing.

     "Why won't you just talk to me? If I've done something wrong-"

     "You have not" Star interrupted "or- you have. I do not know, it is just- you- I mean, i wanted to-"

      She sat down on his bed, and covered her mouth, closing her eyes and willing herself not to cry. It's a silly reason to start crying she told herself.

    "Star..." Robin sat besides her, and put a comforting arm on her back. They sat there for a moment before Star felt confident enough to talk again.

      "Robin," she tried keeping her voice as even as possible, "why do you not wish to kiss me?" Robin's face flushed.

     "No, Star I-" he struggled for words, "It's not that i don't want to kiss you, it's just i- i don't know. I can't get myself to, I just," he sighed "I'm just afraid it won't be nice or whatever. Like how you expect it to be"

     "I do not expect it to be perfect," Starfire offers, "the first time does not have to be. But how will we get to it being good if you are not willing to try it at all?" Star shook slightly at the amount of emotions she was trying not to express.

     Robin stared at the ground "I... I'm sorry" be said in a small voice.

     "Do not be. If you are not ready, you are not ready. Sorry I brought it up, i will just go."

     "Star, wait-" Robin grabbed her hand as they both stood. He let go only to grabbed her waist so he could pull her into a hug.

     "I love you" He whisper to her ear, "honestly"

     He pulled back just enough to look her in the face.

     "And i do want to kiss you, it's just- y'know" He shrugged.

     She could feel his heart beating hard against his chest as they leaned in. He twitched when they brushed lips, and she thought he would pull away, but after hesitating half a second, he went all the way.

     It was a short kiss. Their lips pressed together for a second or two. And Star had been right, it hadn't been perfect. But that didn't stop her heart from practically jumping out of her chest. Robin must have felt the same way, as his face was flushed and he had his lopsided grin plastered on his face. He laughed with relief.

     Starfire didn't know her heart could go any faster, but it surprised her. She couldn't resist him anymore, so she leaned in for another kiss.

     This time, they held it longer and melted into it. their lips fit softly together. After a few seconds they pulled away.

     Star laid her head on his shoulder.

      "I love you"

     "I love you more"