A trap

Lucy sat on the train alone again, she accepted a job to destroy a Demon tree. Its been five weeks, Natsu and Lucy haven't done one job together. Everyone thinks their group has been disbanded including Lucy. Who looked down at her fairy tail mark.
A flashback, Natsu grabbing her hand and running, Lucy asking what he was doing which he responded with his big grin and said "You want to join fairy tail right. Then come on!" Lucy smiled at the memory and looked out the window
I just need to be patient.

Natsu and Happy sat at the bar waiting for Lisanna. Mira leaned on the counter and looked at Natsu, with an unpleasant look on her face.
Natsu looked at Mira confused "What?"
Mira lightly glared at him "So you blew Lucy off again hu."
Natsu shrugged, Mira shook her head "She took on a hard one this time. She's off to destroy a demon tree by her self." Natsu shrugged again "Lucy can take care of her self."
Mira nodded "All right but if Lucy gets hurt it's on your conscience."
Natsu was about to ask what that meant when he heard lisanna "Natsu are you ready?" Natsu nodded, hopped off the stool Happy at his feet

Lucy got off the train in a town called Twins. Lucy thought the name was weird but she wasn't going to blow off a job for 80 thousand Jewel. The sun was starting to set so Lucy decided to go to a hotel, rest up and start the job tomorrow.

Natsu, Happy, and Lisanna sat around a fire in the middle of the woods. Natsu was still trying to figure out what Mira meant when Happy taped his shoulder, Natsu looked down at Happy then at Lisanna to see her fast asleep then back at Happy "What is it, little buddy?"
"Do you think we should have gone with Lucy?" Happy asked a hint of worried in his voice. Natsu patted Happy's head "She'll be fine, little buddy."
Happy looked at the ground "But what if this Demon tree is too strong and she gets hurt really bad or..." Happy stopped midsentence not wanting to think about that day. Natsu dropped his hand to his side and looked at Happy, sorrow in his eyes "We need to have faith in her." Happy nodded his head "I miss Lucy." he muttered. Natsu was shocked but only for a second "We have been blowing her off a lot hu." Natsu sighed then smiled down at Happy "Just as soon as she gets back we'll go on a job with her."
Happy smiled.

The next day
Lucy stepped over a tree root. The mayor told Lucy that the tree turned peoples feeling sour by consuming them, and was in the middle of the forest. Lucy sighed she'd been walking for hours and was getting tired. She walked up a small hill to see a clearing with a big tree in the middle
This must be it.
Lucy went to take Taurus key when the roots of the tree wrapped around her foot and dragged her to its trunk consuming her.
When Lucy opened her eyes she was floating in darkness.
"Where am I?"
"You're in my trap." a man's voice said
Lucy looked around and saw a silhouette of a man in the distance
"A trap?"
"Yes. Everything was fake. The request, the job, the town, the people in it. All apart of my illusion."
"What! Why would you go through all that trouble?!"
"To get you of course!"
"Why? I'm nothing special."
"Oh on the contrary Lucy Heartfilia. You're a celestial Mage only two are left, you have all but two keys and might I say, you have a nice figure." The man started walking closer and closer to Lucy "I created this to meet you. You've been feeling abandoned. Well, that's cause you have been."
"That's not true!" Lucy shouted refusing to listen
"Is it not? You were just a replacement for lisanna."
"That's not true Natsu would never -" the man cut Lucy off
"Oh but he would. You were just a replacement for his childhood love. He saw Lisanna in you. he protected you since he never could protect lisanna. He used you for his own petty reasons, and when future Lucy died he saw you die and now he's done with you." Lucy fell and hit an invisible floor she looked up from where she was laying to see the man clearly. He was tall, muscular, had jet black spiked hair and blue eyes. He was looking at Lucy with a relaxed expression
"You're lying! Natsu isn't that kind of person! He's my friend!" the man raised an eyebrow
"Oh? then where is he know?"
Pain hit Lucy's heart like a bullet shadows covering her eyes
"On a mission... with lisanna."
The man smiled
"And if he's your friend how come he's been blowing you off for weeks." a tear fell from Lucy's chin and splattered on the ground. The man kneeled down and placed his hand on Lucy's shoulder
"Stop. Please stop." Lucy said quietly
the man sighed "The names Dean. When you're ready call my name." and he disappeared leaving Lucy alone in the dark abyss.

Two weeks later

Everyone was worried about Lucy. It is been two weeks since she took that strange job that no one could remember. Natsu slammed his fist on the table making everyone in the guild jump "Damn it! Why didn't I go with her? We're a team and I blew her off!" anger flowed threw Natsu. Everyone looked at him sympathetically. He clenched his teeth liting his fist on fire. He rapidly punched the table repeating "Damn it!" every hit. Erza placed her hand on his shoulder "Natsu calm down. Everyone's searching for her. We'll find her." Natsu nodded sitting back down shadows covering his eyes.

Lucy sat on the ground knees to her chest with her arms wrapped around them.
He's not coming this time, is he?
"Dean," Lucy whispered all hope gone from her voice. Dean appear behind her "Yes Lucy?"
Lucy stood up but her legs were weak and she started to fall, Dean caught her before she hit the ground and helped her up. Lucy refused to look at him so Dean took a step back once she was stable.
"Why?" she asked
"Why what?"
"Why did you say those things?..." "Cause it was the truth."
"The... truth." Lucy mumbled "Then why do you care. You don't know me." Lucy turns towards Dean her eyes red and puffy from crying. Dean took Lucy into his embrace. Lucy froze in shock, slowly her body relaxed and her eyes lost all reflection. Dean smiled demonically, he pushed Lucy out words his hands on her shoulders a kind smile on his face, Lucy stared at him blankly her eyes clouded lifeless with no reflection. "What are you talking about Lucy We've always been together." "Always," Lucy repeated. Dean kissed Lucy, then pulled away and she fell on his chest fast asleep, Deans smile turned evil.
Yes, Lucy from now on you will remember nothing of fairy tail or Natsu. All you'll remember is me, and with you will destroy fairy tail especially Igneels son. Dean put his lips by Lucy's ear "You hate fairy tail, and you want to kill Natsu Dragneel." "Kill Natsu," Lucy repeated.
Ill have Natsus precious friend kill him, then I'll kill her. But I'm gonna have a little fun first.

the next day.
Natsu and Happy walked into the guild and sat at a table. They'd been up all night looking for Lucy. Natsu sighed Lucy were are you. There was a bang at the door, making the guild go quite, with another bang the doors flew opened and there stood a Tall, black haired, blue eyed, muscular man wearing black leather pants and a black leather jacket. Everyone in the guild stood up "What do you want." Erza asked her voice warning. The man smiled "We just wanted to come play. Isn't that right my lovely." A blond hair, brown eyed girl stood next to him. Everyone's eyes widened.
"L...Lucy!" Natsu studdered.

Find out what happens next in part three There's still hope.