Chapter 1

Rose’s POV

“Guys, come on! You know I hate shopping! What did I ever do to deserve this?” I asked as they dragged me to the mall’s entrance.

Jennifer rolled her eyes and tightened her grip on my arm. “Come on, Rose. It's only me. You don’t have to make a scene. And the prom is in less than 10 days-“

“Ugh. Don’t remind me.” I groaned. She just ignored me.

“-And Rose, you need a beautiful dress. Hopefully, they aren’t all taken already. Also, we need to get a dress for Kim and myself.” She smiled and pulled me into a small store at the front of the mall.

“I thought you already had a dress.” I leaned against the wall as she started to look through a rack of clothes in the back.

“Sweetie, I got a dress for my sister. Today I’m getting my dress. Now, what color?” she asked, holding up a green dress next to a blue dress.

“I would go for a green. They make your eyes stand out. If you get a longer one, you can curl your hair and then you’ll look beautiful, like always.” I mumbled as I sat down.

See, Jennifer had a body to die for. She had curves in all the right places, she had a natural tan, she had medium length, dirty blonde hair, and she had beautiful dark brown eyes. I on the other hand, had long, white blond hair that people accused me of bleaching, bright, green eyes that pop against my pale skin, and I had a straight, slim body with absolutely no curves. At least I was taller than her.

Jen smiled and put the green dress back. “I honestly don’t understand how you hate shopping. You have a knack for these things. You can just look at something and know what to wear with them, what they would look like on someone, and you have great fashion.”

I shrugged and closed my eyes, leaning my head back. “I just don’t understand how it’s fun to spend money on things you only wear once.”

Jen laughed and pulled me to my feet, much to my annoyance. I grumbled some more as she handed me the blue dress, which actually didn’t look that bad, and she started to look through another rack. After she handed me about 3 more dresses, she was finally convinced there wasn’t any more dresses that would be perfect for me, and she sent me to the dressing room.

She made me try on everyone one of them, and to get out of this horrid place quickly, I convinced Jen that I fell in love with the third one I tried on. It was a beautiful dress, so she believed me. But she didn’t like the million dresses she tried on, so she dragged me store to store just to look at clothes she knew she would buy.

After about the fourth store, Kim showed up with her boyfriend, and our friend Peter was dragged along, too. They already had their tuxes, so they just sat there enjoying the sight as Jen and Kim tried on dresses of all shapes and sizes. They definitely liked the shorter ones. Pigs.

When we stopped at the seventh store, I was done. As Kim and Jen went into the rooms to change, I turned to the guys.

“Do either of you guys have your car?” I hissed, not wanting Kim and Jen to hear.

They both shook their heads, but it was Peter who answered. “Rose, we want to leave as bad as you do. Trust me. Kevin here forced me to come, and Kim drove us. She wanted to make sure we stayed.” He explained when I tilted my head.

I sighed, frustrated. “Well, I’m leaving.” I thought I had luck on my side, but when I got to the door, I heard Jen call after me. I turned to see her back in her tank top and jeans. So she hadn’t even tried anything on.

She looked confused for a second, but when realization dawned on her, I bolted out the door. But Jen was in track, and she was fast. I didn’t expect her to chase me! I just wanted to leave! Why was it so important I stayed?

She was about to catch me when a huge crowd of people came. I lost her quickly, and before she could catch sight of me again, I rushed into the closest door. i quickly wished I had paid attention to the men’s sign right outside the door…