@epichorn31

contest: Mystique Awards
placement: 3rd in teen fiction

I am very grateful and honored to have placed 1st in Fanfiction and 3rd in Teen Fiction in the Mystique Awards. These two awards are very meaningful to me, and I'd like to thank the contest hosts and judges for their support of my work.

1 What is one of your Wattpad goals?

I am hoping to finish my current novel Smooth Sailing by the end of the month. I would also like to do more to promote my completed stories.

 2 What's your favorite book?

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

 3 What is your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I love the supportive and kind community here.

 4 How would you spend a rainy day? 

I would write, read, and/or listen to music. 

5 What's your favorite snack?

Tea and Oreos are pretty great.

 6 Who is your favorite author?

J.K. Rowling, Patrick Ness, Barry Lyga, Rachel Hartman, Khaled Hosseini, Rainbow Rowell, and Neal Shusterman are a few of my favorites. 

 7 If you earned a publishing deal, how would you celebrate? 

I find this to be a highly unlikely scenario, but if this did somehow happen, I would eat excessive amounts of junk food to celebrate.

8 What's your dream vacation?

I'd love to go back to Switzerland someday. I spent a day in Lucerne as part of a high school trip around Europe, and Switzerland is just a gorgeous country.

 9 What's one song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

My current favorite song is Absinthe by I Don't Know How But They Found Me. Honestly, I'd recommend the entire 1981 Extended Play. It's sixteen minutes of musical bliss.

 10 What's your favorite movie? 

The Empire Strikes Back, but I have to give a shout out to Ferris Bueller's Day Off, since it kind of inspired my upcoming story.

11 What inspired you to write? 

My friend introduced me to Wattpad in middle school, and I instantly fell in love with the site. I wrote my first story, Garage Band, just so that I could post it on Wattpad, and I've been writing more or less continuously for the last five years.

request time

I guess I'll mention the story that placed 1st in the Mystique Awards: The Piano Knows Something I Don't Know. It's easily the story that I'm most proud of on this website (and I've written 27 stories, so that's saying a lot!). It's essentially a Ryden college AU, where Ryan is a philosophy major at Kale University, and Brendon is a lounge singer. For readers who are familiar with Panic! At The Disco fanfiction, there are plenty of Panic! references, but it does subvert a lot of the standard tropes for that fandom. For readers who aren't familiar with the band, it can easily be read like an original fiction. It's also one of my most well written and original stories (in my opinion). Also, there's a Guyliner Club involved. If that's not a reason to read the whole book, I don't know what is!