𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

WELCOME TO THE LOSERS CLUB !

☀︎

JONATHAN AND NANCY HAD SET UP A PLAN THAT THEY HAD ASKED ALEX TO JOIN IN ON. Hunting down the monster. After some convincing, Alex had heard enough to know that this was the best option for not only herself, but everyone else that had lived in Hawkins. If the monster was dead, then she knew that Dustin could be safe, and that was what was most important to her.

A hunting and camping store had everything that they could need. They couldn't afford too much, but if they could get the right stuff, then they would be set for a kill. The three had spilt up, all coming together to share their small piles of what they had thought would come in handy for what they had planned. It wasn't much, but they were sure it was enough to work with. Coming out of the store, Jonathan had carried a box, Alex a bag, and Nancy a gasoline container.

"Monster hunting?" Jonathan laughed. Nancy's honesty inside the store had seemed ridiculous but it had allowed for them to easily get by on buying such strange things for a group of teenagers.

"That was the best answer in my opinion," Alex laughed, making Nancy smile along side them as she opened the trunk for them. Monster hunting had seemed as if all of this were only a game which had eased the three to even think to continue with such a plan.

Nancy placed the gasoline in the trunk when a strange smile had came to her face. "You know, last week, I was shopping for a top I thought Steve might like. It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know?"

"And now you're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and Alex Henderson," Jonathan grinned. Even to him, the thought of Nancy willingly hanging out with them had felt unreal. Today, she should've been at the movies with Steve, not even allowing the two to cross her mind.

"I mean, you're basically apart of the losers club," Alex laughed.

"I guess that isn't so bad," Nancy smiled. Now she had seen why Mike had actually liked Dustin's older sister and why Alex had spoken so highly of Jonathan. Even if people like Tommy and Carol had much to say about the two, it never came close to what they were like once she had been with them. Jonathan and Alex were far from unlikeable. In fact, Nancy had felt that she appreciated their company far more than anyone else at Hawkins High. However, her happiness for finding true friends would never have lasted. Tommy's warnings about those that hung out with people he didn't like never crossed Nancy's mind until today.

Riding down the street, a car had slowed down towards the group as it gave a honk to grab their attention. "Hey, Nance. Can't wait to see your movie." The tone of his voice was condescending. Alex furrowed her eyebrows, turning to Jonathan and Nancy for clarification but neither seemed to know. As Nancy had watched the car continue down the street, her expression had dropped as something had crossed her mind. Instantly, she had taken off in a run towards the Hawkins movie theater. Not thinking twice, Jonathan had shoved the box into Alex's hands as he took off right after her.