Chapter 4

Staring up at the ceiling of the leader's room, I thought about what may happen in the following moments. My wings were open and free to shift as my body requests, without the worry of hitting any metal bars or even breaking a wing tenant from the abusive rope that kept me grounded.

So far, this place is wonderful. Optimus cares deeply for me even though he knows nothing of me. The medic, Ratchet has been soft and a little open. But I was still a little shaken to really speak. It was only yesterday that I woke. It was also only yesterday that I felt the kindness of another.

'Little one' he had called me. A nameless name like that would normally scare me. But the way he said it, it said it in a way as to not hurt me. Like the term was a stabbing knife. This would definitely take sometime getting used to.

I pushed the thoughts and any others to the back of my mind. Starting to listen to my surroundings. Optimus was peacefully resting on his bed. Still and calm. It even looked like he was... breathing?

Another thing I'd need to get used to, is sharing a room. Well... living in a space that is used by alien giants. But with all this space, I may be able to strengthen my wings to let me fly. The Optimus or Ratchet could help me with that..

Maybe...

"Are you alright?" A soft voice asked, returning me to reality, turning my head to face it. Soft and tired blue optics gaze at me from the dark, glowing and awaiting my answer.

"Uh.. y-yeah... Just thinking." I hushed, looking back at his sight. His eyes shift to close a little. Being alright with my answer. He was quiet for a moment. Looking down slightly, then back to me.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

I looked away and back up at the ceiling in thought. I know I shouldn't trust someone so quickly, even if he did save me from that place of horrors.

"I-I... suppose I should tell you..." My body tensed up, scared of the words that was about to come out. With a deep breath, in then out, I spoke.

"There was this man, he talked about making 'the most beautiful creature." Optimus nodded from the corner of my dull (e/c) eyes. Closing my eyes, I continued, shivering even though I had 2-3 blankets on to compensate for the lack of heat.

"They said that I was one of a few that survived 'judgment."

He was still silent. Perhaps thinking of a question, or just waiting for me to say more.

"Did the others get a chance to escape?"

"...They died in their own cages. I heard it was from either plucking out their feathers or clawed at their wing joints in an attempt to get them off."

"I see."

The small conversation died after his words. I shivered again, graceful wings fluffing around my body to help fight of the sudden coldness that came upon me. I stopped shivering, frozen when I felt a warm hand cover my cold covered body. After a bit, I relaxed. Looking over to see Optimus resting once more. His metallic hand was reached over to me.

I was able to sleep soundly that night.