can i?

a/n: hey guys hope you enjoy this chapter! I tried to make it super cute and fluffy! I update this book every tuesday! check the a/n at the end for more information.

Main POV

El was sitting patiently on the couch—okay, maybe not patiently. It was one of those days where Hopper allows Mike to come to the cabin and spend some time with El. Can you really blame her for being impatient?

Meanwhile, Mike was on his bike, hurriedly rushing to the cabin. He had just gotten out of school, bolting out the doors as the last bell of the day rang. He hopped on his bike as fast as he could and started his journey. His journey to El.

They had just gone to the Snow Ball dance together a couple months ago. It was now spring with flowers blooming and light rain showers. Nothing but nature and rain puddles covering the grounds of Hawkins, Indiana.

Mike continued to peddle, his legs burning from peddling so fast. But he could care less because he was going to see El and she was enough. She was more than enough to keep Mike going. He could feel the splash of puddles on his ankles as he rode along the wet, black road.

He's been to the cabin before and he still has the directions sealed in his memory. He finally made it. Making his way through the forest, remembering to step over the trip wire placed in front of the home. He brings his bike with him, setting it against the front of the house. He finally walks up to the door, using his and El's secret knock

Knock. Knock. Knock
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock.

Once El heard the beat of her and Mike's secret knock, she bolted up from her seat on the couch. She rushed to the door, swinging it open and immediately tackling Mike in a hug. Not even allowing him to enter first. She just couldn't wait to hold him.

El had her arms wrapped tightly around Mike's neck, with his arms wrapped around her torso. He tightened his arms pulling her closer, when Hopper entered the room. "Kid, let him breathe. You didn't even invite him in!" he says with a chuckle.

El pulls away bashfully. Giving Mike an embarrassed smile whispering a small, "Sorry." He replies with, "It's okay. Nothing to be sorry about." He says this as he smiles and crosses through the doorway, entering the cabin.

For the next half an hour or so, Mike and El spent their time on the couch. They were watching a soap, per El's request. However, they were being especially careful about the distance between them on the worn down couch. Considering Hopper was still in the room.

Suddenly the phone started to ring. Hopper made his way over to the phone. Picking it up and holding it up to his ear. "Hey, what's up?" he asks casually.

A couple seconds later, after listening to the person on the other end. Whoever that may be, he says, "Yeah. I'll be there in a second. I'm on my way." He looks back over to the two kids sitting in the couch. Giving them a skeptical look.

"Okay. Look, there's a situation down at the station and they need me. I gotta go and I assume I can trust you two to be appropriate while I'm gone?" Hopper asks. Aiming his gaze more towards the Wheeler boy.

"Yes, sir." Mike tells him with a determined look on his face. Mike did not want to be on Hopper's bad side. Otherwise he might not have the privilege to see El, possibly ever again.

"Okay. I'm trusting you guys. I don't know when I'll be back so feel free to make yourself something to eat." he says before exiting the cabin door in a hurry.

Once Hopper had left the kids turned back to look at each other. They were now alone and were going to spend some time together.

El's POV