Chapter 6: Step 2

Noah's POV

For once in maths I couldn't focus, too busy thinking about what I was going to say to Hayley tonight.
Hey Hayley, how are you?
Nah, too formal.
Sup girl, wanna dance?
I sound like I have no respect for women.
I'm Noah...?
And that's just pathetic.

I wanted to talk myself out of this but at the same time I really wanted this to work.
I sighed earnestly. I wish I was like Leo.

~~~~~~~~~

Riley, Cayden, Cole and I stood in awe outside Leo's modern house. It was beautiful, the white paint made it stand out from the other houses along that road. It had big frame windows that gave an all access pass to see inside.

Shimmering lights beamed through the windows illuminating the street. Silhouettes of people bustling around made it look rowdy. I battled with my thoughts whether to venture on or go home and do work. But before I could even decide Cayden started pushing inside, I followed tentively behind.

Just as I'd thought; it was a mad house. People playing beer pong; eating or throwing food; smoking weed and doing cocaine. It was crazy. I questioned why I was here?

After meandering through the crowd of guests we stopped inside the kitchen. It was quieter but there was still a decent amount of activity going on.

"His house is amazing!" Riley screamed grabbing a cup from the stack.
"Don't get too excited we won't be here long." Cayden grumbled as she scrolled through her phone, "Noah I'll tell you about step 2: Pick up lines. All you need are some good pick up lines and you'll have her eating out your hand."

"Which ones exactly?"
"I love my bed but I'd rather be in yours."
I rolled my eyes.
"There are 20 letters in the alphabet."
"No there are 26."
"U. R. A. Q. T."
"There's one missing."
"You can get the D later." She laughed. I cringed.

These were so corny and I had no belief that they would work but I didn't have much choice.

"Here's the last one. My lips are like skittles, wanna taste the rainbow?"
"Oh noooo."

I sank into a stool behind me.

Cayden's POV

I texted Jacob and Taylor for the 4th time but I still got no response from either of them. Glancing over at Noah he looked so out of place in this environment and stood out like a sore thumb but to be fair we all did. Riley, on the other hand, had disappeared from sight leaving me, Noah, Cole and a bunch of tipsy people we didn't know.

"YOU READY TO PARTYY!" Leo yelled as he waltzed into the room, "Glad to see you guys made it."
"I'm not glad I turned up here but what can we do?" I smiled fakely.
Noah held back his grin but Cole couldn't and let a small snigger.
"You 2 should have a drink, loosen up a bit. You too nerd."

Leo fiddled around in the kitchen and studied each drink carefully.

"You know you don't have to act like you hate me all the time." Leo said sounding like he was smiling.
"Lucky for you I don't act." I took a seat next Noah and once again buried my face into my phone.
"We are alike in some ways you know. We both bully students, are closed off from others and hate most people."

"See that's where your wrong, you are one of the most sociable people in the whole school. You love nearly everyone and nearly everyone loves you. But I don't see why because your an absolute dickhead. You bully for credit for your low life football team. There is a great difference between me and you."

Lost for words Leo handed us our drinks and sheepishly smiled before saying, "Cayden your just full of surprises." Before exiting the room.

I gulped down whatever concoction Leo made and felt a strong singe in the back of my throat. I growled at the feeling.