Last Killer on Earth [Part 1/2]

"There." Fang pointed to a hidden alley. "That's where he usually is. If we're lucky, he might not kill us."

Gopal yelped. "Ki — kill us?"

Fang nodded gravely. "The records say he used to be one of the most cold-blooded killers in the universe. He'd kill anyone for the right price."

The team of four slowly ventured into the dark, narrow lane. Gopal neaely fitted, for he was obese. The silence was mutual, and so was the fear. One more than others, he was almost brought to tears.

What kind of rhyme was that? Hey, I ran out of ideas for comedy. Bear with me.

Anyway, it was dark and damp. They didn't bring torches or any lighting. Yaya and Ying both held hands as they walked. Gopal clinged to Fang like a lifeline.

There was no telling who would be there. A murderous warlock? A crazy murderer? None of them could tell. This used to be a happy planet, a haven, a paradise. But after a raid from another planet, it had been hell. Yaya, Ying and Gopal had failed to defend it because of their duties in TAPOPS.

This planet was called Earth.

"We're in Pulau Rintis," Ying whispered. "It's our home."

"I know," Yaya muttered, crestfallen. "It's our fault."

"Why are we looking for a murderer, anyway?" Gopal demanded. "Why is he even here?"

Fang bit his lip. "I don't know. Kaizo and Admiral told me to bring him in. He's the key to every power sphere and the history behind this planet."

"Suppose he's human?" Gopal yelped.

"That's impossible." Ying's voice was barely a whisper. "We're the only humans left because we weren't on Earth. Humans can't survive in this environment..."

Gopal sighed. "If only Boboiboy was here."

Everyone glared. Boboiboy, at the time, has been the final protector of Earth during the invasion. Every form of communication had been cut off, so they hadn't known of it until they returned. Boboiboy had died fighting the aliens. He fought until his last breath.

But he could only do so much. His sacrifice was in vain. They couldn't do anything about it, even when Vargoba presented his body for the entire galaxy to see.

They failed to defend their home.

But they will not fail to defend the rest of the galaxy.

They will not.

They can't.

"Stop." Fang's voice was brittle. "Someone's here."

Sure enough, a pale figure emerged from a crumpled building.

Fang's eye twitched. He must be seeing things.

"Fang?" The figure stalked towards them slowly and hesitantly. His voice was a rasp, tone painfully even. "Gopal? Yaya? Ying?"

Fang's blood ran cold. Because the friend they once thought was dead, was the person that they were searching for.

He could only get one word out: "How?"

Boboiboy's hair had faded to white, with the roots a light brown. His eyes were still chocolate brown, but they were dull, devoid of life. His skin was paler than usual. He looked at them as if he was seeing them through a dream.

His power watch was still on his wrist, but the screen was cracked and the lightning bolt had faded to a dull gray.

He hadn't used his watch in a long time. The fact was scary. Boboiboy loved his powers.