Chapter 15: Cheater?

Taken by surprise at Jazmine’s words I open my mouth to reply but nothing comes out, I let go of her no matter how bad I didn’t want to and turn away. “I love you too…” escapes my lips in a whisper as I walk away ashamed I could never say these words to her face.

                “Hey, hon where have you been all day?” Sam asks the moment I walk into the house,  do I tell her the truth or make something up… I debate in my head trying to figure out the right thing to do.

                “Oh, I was with Jazmine.” I decide to tell the truth and knew immediately it was the wrong choice when her face drops into a cold glare,

                “You sure are spending a lot of time with that girl…where you training her?” My insides turn with guilt as I stare into my wives cold eyes.

                “We’ll she isn’t as bad as I thought, and well…no.” I stammer deciding to try this whole truth thing out and see where it gets me.

            “Well what were you doing with her?” She asks in a very fake cheerful voice, I could see in her hard smile that she was holding back the urge to grind her teeth together. Okay so this truth thing isn’t working out so well, I can see in her eyes right now she wants to murder me…

          “Ya’ know…just hanging out.” I say nonchalant walking past her and into the living room, Lanna was coloring in her favorite Dora coloring book so I sat down on the floor beside her and watch.

             “What does that mean?” she asks storming into the living room not dropping the subject like I hoped she would,

             “Nothing. Did you cook dinner yet, I’m starving!” I say before kissing Lanna on the cheek, she smiles up at me and my heart fills with warmth.

             “Here daddy, you can color this one!” she smiles big ripping a page out of her coloring book just for me it was a picture of Boots and Dora dancing with bubbles around them.

                “We aren’t through with this conversation. I’ll get your plate…” she says finally giving up, for now. I color my picture normally I would color them the color they are on the show but for some reason I was feeling very creative today. Making Boots blue, his boots yellow, Dora is now wearing a red shirt and is blonde. I show Lanna my picture when we are both done and she snorts at it,

                “Silly daddy! That isn’t what they look like” she laughs as she facepalms her face in a ‘oh brother’ kind of way I smile at her.

                “I think they look better like this if I do say so myself!” I say tapping her nose just slightly with my pointer finger before taking a bite of my food, “Let me see yours Miss. Critic” I say with a mouth full of food.

                “Okay,” she lifts up her picture of Dora and Backpack singing, it’s for the most part in the lines and quite good for someone her age.

                “Yep, you totally won! I swear you are Picasso’s daughter, I’m gonna have to talk to your mom about this.” I joke as I poke her belly and she giggles like crazy pushing my hand away, “Another masterpiece makes it to the fridge.” I exclaim picking it up and running to the kitchen.

                “Mhmm, we are gonna talk about cheating later…” Sam mutters to me in a low voice so Lanna doesn’t hear while I pin up the picture, my insides shrink just slightly dreading that conversation but at the same time I haven’t cheated. Right?

                I take my time putting Alanna back to bed knowing that the moment I walk into the bedroom Sam is going to attack me with questions and accusations. I think about just leaving until Sam falls asleep but I know I will only look guilty of a crime I didn’t commit…yet. “So what all did you do today while ‘hanging out’ with that girl?” Sam snaps the moment one of my feet enter the room,

              “I went to an amusement park with her and just rode rides pretty much it.” I sigh just wanting to move past this already,

             “Really? And you couldn’t do that with your wife and daughter?” She questions narrowing her eyes at me with pure hatred,

              “Lanna isn’t big enough to ride the fun rides, and we didn’t have anyone to babysit her for just you and I to go.” I sit on my side of bed and pull off my shoes and socks, her mean-ness fades realizing I have point. “Any more questions?” I ask plainly standing up to remove my shirt and pants.

                “Do you like this girl?” she stammers locking her eyes on my chest and I knew I had her, I could easily get out of this conversation.

                “How so?” I ask as I slither into bed pressing my forehead to hers and climbing on top of her she opens her mouth to talk but nothing comes out as I suck on her neck, she lets out a slight moan letting me know I hit the right spot before she caves in and lets me do as I please.

                Sam was fast asleep beside me completely satisfied but I just couldn’t sleep, I felt guilty…as though I just cheated on Jazmine with my own wife. It was killing me inside so I climb out of bed and sneak down stairs, I lean on the island in the middle of the kitchen and pull out my phone dialing Jazzy’s number. “Hello?” I hear her sleepy voice chime in,

                “Jaz, hey sorry if I woke you…” I trail off looking at the clock on the stove it was four in the morning,

                “No, no, it’s fine, what’s wrong?” she asks suddenly more cheerful now that she heard my voice, causing me to smile.

                “Nothing I just…” I contemplate telling the truth then again that didn’t get me into nothing but trouble earlier, “missed you…” I whisper finally deciding to just go with the truth.

                “Aw, I missed you too the second you leave I miss you.” She was confident in the first part put starts to waver by the end like she was regretting what she was saying but my insides leap with joying knowing she felt the sadness that was left when we part ways.

                “I know exactly what you mean; can we go do something tomorrow night?” I ask hopeful that she doesn’t have plans already,

                “Yeah, what do you have in mind?” she asks with a grin on her face, I wish I could see it in person instead of just imagine it.

            “It’s a surprise.” I grin knowing it would irritate her not to know once again,

           “Ugh, what is with you and surprises, just tell meh already!” she squeals impatiently,

           “You will see tomorrow night, Love.”                                                                       

           “Fine… Randy?”

          “Yeah?” I ask wishing I could see her face,

          “Will you just talk to me until I fall asleep, I love the sound of your voice…” my heart skips a beat and finds its way into my throat as I resist the urge to confess how I feel,

           “Anything for you, my Sweet.” I whisper preparing myself to talk all night if I have to, anything to make her happy. Anything.

Hope you guys like what I have so far, I will be finishing it by the end of this month beginning of next month-ish then I'm going to focus most on Silver Lining and probably this new story I haven't posted yet called There Can Only Be One :3 Thanks for reading! <3 Love you!