Twenty

"Thank you for coming in today, Miss Y/N. We covered a lot yesterday so please try to keep up. And that goes for you too, Mr Jeon." The teacher said before turning her back to write a few notes on the board.

Jungkook tried to avoid your gaze as you glared at him. Very soon you began to divert your attention to the day's lesson.

"Y/N help me solve this. I don't understand." Jungkook whispered beside you.

"I don't understand it either because I wasn't there yesterday." You said mildly angry at him for making you skip school yesterday.

"I said I was sorry now stop being cold to me~" He batted his eyes cutely.

"I wasn't-" You got cut off by the sudden voice.

"Miss Y/N would you mind explaining to the class on what I just said." You understood and tried to look at the blackboard only to see a bunch of numbers. 

"I'm sorry, miss but..I wasn't listening."She sighed before she spoke again.

"I figured. Meet me in the detention room after school." Jungkook felt guilty once again.

"I'm so so sorry."

~~~

Jungkook followed you all the way to the detention trying to get you to talk to him.

"Yah. I said I was sorry~" He spoke softly while making cute faces.

"Please forgive me~"

"No." You said simply before entering the room leaving him outside the classroom.

The teacher was patiently waiting for you while she marked a few of the homeworks. She immediately noticed you standing by the door before motioning you to have a seat.

"You have an hour's detention. Do not leave this room until then or you will be in big trouble." You nodded understandingly before she left the classroom.

The coach was going to be mad because of all your unexcused absences and you knew it. You also hadn't explained to Taeyong and Eunha about why you went missing that day.

You took out a random book and started doodling all over an empty page. It was quiet until you heard tapping on the window beside you. It was Jungkook who smiled at the fact that you noticed him.

He tried to signal you by sticking out his thumb and pinky and bringing it to his ear. You immediately knew what he meant so you took out your phone and saw a message from him.

"I'm bored! Come out and play with me." He has got to be joking right now.

"Now is not the time. I'm stuck in here for at least thirty more minutes."

"Please~"

"Just go for basketball practise and look for Lisa."

"Fine!"

~~~

You had been walking for a few minutes now, Jungkook purposely ignoring you and talking only to Lisa. Eventually you decided to walk another way back to your house even though it was longer.

A string of stores passed by one by one and the time was going by slowly. You turned your head slightly and noticed a sign by a rundown pet door window that read, 'Out of business'. It was until you heard a few whimpers coming from around the corner.

In the corner was a battered old box with a few holes punctured in the top and on the sides. You crouched down and took the lid off only to have a bunch of puppies jumping onto you and licking your face. Giggling you picked up the puppies and cuddled into them.

"Awww. Who would leave you out here all alone?" You asked yourself before thinking that you had to leave them alone.

"How about you come home with me, but I have to hide you from my mom. I'm sure I can." You gently put them back into the box before lifting it and carrying it back home. 

~~~

"You're kidding me right?" Jungkook said as he saw the four puppies jumping around my room.

"Nope." You said popping the 'p'.

~~~

@jeonmaknaekook i just want to thank you once again for making this beautifully aesthetic cover for my book. I really love it.💖💖Keep up the hard work and I'll be there supporting you every step of the way.

💖💖Keep up the hard work and I'll be there supporting you every step of the way

-Hannah💕💕

-Hannah💕💕