Ten Years Later #Chapter One

I want to see how well everyone likes this chapter before I continue the story.

"Mommy? Daddy?"

The little girl crawled out from under her bed.

"Mommy where are you? I'm scared."

The house was silent as the six-year-old wandered through it.

"Daddy? Are you here?"

The small girl wandered down the stairs and into the living room. That's where she found her parents. Laying dead on the floor. Blood was everywhere. Her fathers throat had been slit and her mothers eyes had been gouged out.

There were words written on the wall above the bodies. They read: I'll be back for the girl.

The girl screamed and ran outside. The nearest neighbor was a mile away. She didn't know what to do, so she went back into the house and sat on the couch, watching over her parents bodies.

That was ten years ago. But Nevaeh could still remember it like it was yesterday. She remembered every little detail. From the look of terror on her fathers face to the way her mothers eye sockets had been filled with blood. She still dreamed about it every night.

After Navaeh's parents had been murdered she had been sent to live with her mothers friend, Meri.

"Navaeh, time for school!" Meri was calling for her from in the kitchen from downstairs.

"Coming!" Navaeh yelled from the bathroom. She was finishing her makeup. School wasn't a horrible place for Navaeh. She had always been an excellent student. Working hard took her mind off her parents.

"Get your backpack and lets go." Meri said.

"Okay, lets go." Navaeh replied. She planned on stopping by the cemetery to visit her parents graves after school. She usually went there when she felt like she needed someone to talk to.

School was the usual that day. She wrote an essay for English, took a test in AP History, and dissected a cow heart in her Science class. Since she didn't have any friends, Navaeh didn't have to worry about the drama that most girls have in high school. That was something she was glad for.

After school, Navaeh headed for the cemetery. She couldn't help but feel like someone was following her. Once or twice, she glanced around to make sure she was alone. There wasn't anyone who looked suspicious, so she put in her headphones and tried to ignore the feeling.

As she entered the cemetery gates, Navaeh developed a sense of dread. By the time she was about fifty yards from her parents graves, Navaeh felt like she was having a panic attack.

She ran the last thirty yards to the headstones. Out of breath, Navaeh collapsed on the ground. Still trying to catch her breath, she looked over only to see a message written across her parents headstones..