Chapter Thirty-Seven {It's OK}

"Matthew... ok, its ok.. got to stay awake.."

"Mrs. Chandlers stay with us- unresponsive... he needs... stat..."

"Oswald Mr. Blane. I'm so s-"

"coma.. two weeks-'

"I love you, Matt-"

"up please..."

Everything around me was bright

Everything around me was bright. It was like a blinding light was in front of my face. I had to blink a couple of times before I was actually able to see what was around me. Which frankly wasn't much.

I was sitting on a white couch, it was soft to the touch and I couldn't stop myself from running my hands over it. It was almost mesmerizing.

It took me a few minutes to finally look down at myself, and it was then I noticed the clothes I was wearing.

A white hockey jersey with a white flaming C on it, my pants were white skinny jeans.

Everything was white.

Where the hell was I?

"Far away from hell." A voice said from beside me, I jumped looking over just in time to see Jorden sit down on the white couch beside me, a small smile on his face, but his eyes were sad. Something about him wasn't right. Maybe it was how he wore his shoulder-length hair down, something he had never done. Or how he to was dressed head to toe in white.

"Jord?"

"Hey, Matt." He said softly, reaching over to take one of my hands. "How're you feeling?"

I looked at him, a little perplexed by his question. Should I be anything more than fine? "No, you should feel perfect here actually."

"Where is here?" I asked, not really caring for the fact that Jorden had just replied to my own thoughts.

"This, this is paradise, Matthew. This is where you're going to be living for the next little while."

"What? Why?" My heart rate picked up, I looked around again, there was nothing around us but the couch. Not another piece of furnisher, no walls. Nothing but pure white, as if we were on a cloud.

"What's the last thing you remember Matt, think really hard." And I did, I remembered the last time I saw Jorden, leaving him in the hotel to go on my date with Henry. And Henry- I could remember his face, so confused and hurt. I didn't mean to insult him when we started to argue. I was just... scared.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." Another voice came from beside me, I looked over to see Henry sitting with us, a suit just like the one he wore on our date, but just like Jorden and I, he was dressed in pure white. He didn't wear his glasses, no product in his hair, and he just sat there, with me in the middle and each man on either side. Henry grabbed my free hand and gave it a squeeze, I let out a deep breath, feeling any panic I had to leave my body as I sat between both men. What happened? "Oh Matty," Henry said softly, taking a thumb up the side of my hand. "You worried us so much. We miss you so much."

"Miss me? But Hen, I'm right here."

"No, you're not," Jorden said, my head turning towards him quickly. "You just need to wake up Matt, you're so far away."

I looked at him, shaking my head. "No Jorden. I'm right here. I promise."

"He can't hear us, Jorden."

"That's not true." Jorden shot back side-eyeing Henry, ignoring me in the middle. "The doctor told us he can." Jorden sighed, squeezing my hand tighter, and I squeezed him back, but it was like he didn't feel it. "We love you so much Matthew, and when you wake up. We promise we're never going to let anything bad happen to you again."

"Bad?" I looked between the two of them, my head spinning. I didn't understand, what happened? "Guys. I don't get it."

"We should get going," Henry said, standing up from his side of the couch. "I asked the hotel to bring us dinner at nine." Jorden nodded, getting up with Henry. I tried to stand up with them, but my body wouldn't move. I was stuck sitting on the couch.

"Henry! Jorden, wait!" I shouted, but they didn't turn back, both of them walked out without turning back towards me. "Wait! Don't leave me here!" My heart started to beat faster in my chest, I was panicking, They just left me, and the white was starting to turn gray. "Henry! Jorden!" I screamed, but it was too late, the blackness ate me alive.

 "Henry! Jorden!" I screamed, but it was too late, the blackness ate me alive

My eyes opened, but everything was still so dark. There was a glow in- where ever I was. But it was dark. Like it was still the middle of the night, and there was a hall light on. But I couldn't be sure. I heard a steady beeping from beside me, it was almost calming, enough to lul my back to sleep. But I couldn't, I didn't know where I was, and how could I sleep if I didn't know where I was.

I went to open my mouth to speak, but choked on something, I started to panic as whatever it was in my mouth kept choking me, and it was like a panic mode had completely set in and everything around me happened so quickly I couldn't even start to process it. The lights turned on, making me flinch and close my eyes, but I couldn't stop moving, I couldn't focus on anything that was going around me, no the people who crowded me, the voices that were calling me, that hands that were holding me.

"It's ok, it's ok" Was the only thing that my mind could pick up before a dark man in a white coat pulled a blue tube from my throat, I coughed, still choking from the shock of it all, then from the corner of my eye I saw somebody else besides me next to an IV pole, another man in blue scrubs putting a needle into a line that attached to my arm. "It's ok Matty, just relax." The voice beside me had said. I turned my head slowly, my eyes fighting to stay open and met those forest eyes I knew so well, but both of my hands were being held, not just the left one. So as slow as a slug I turned my head the other way and met the dark brown eyes that I was growing to like more and more. But I didn't get a good look at them, because just as I finished turning my head, the lights went out again and I lost the battle with my eyes falling unconscious once again.

 But I didn't get a good look at them, because just as I finished turning my head, the lights went out again and I lost the battle with my eyes falling unconscious once again