From a Street Rat to a Royal Highness (16)

HAHA I am uploading. I know you should kill me for my bad uploading time. It has been WEEKS. I am a bad uploader. You may throw tomatoes at me. Ok well tada hopefully it is long. If it is not i might as well shoot myself because i was up ALL NIGHT trying to write this :D

Here goes:

"Sit properly," the queen hissed as I slumped in my chair. I ignored the food that came my way and the wafting smells. It had been exactly two weeks since I had entered this hell hole, and it was not getting any easier. I had not learnt anything in my past years and so lessons were extremely difficult. French, Spanish, German, Japanese Chinese and others. They tried to teach me etiquette but I refused to walk around with books on my head. They tried to explain to me politics but I accused them of being biased politicians themselves. Every night I went to bed thinking about Demetri and every morning I woke up thinking whether he and Marissa and Lucas. If they were ok. I made a deal with the devils to send them food and money.

"I'm not hungry," I replied as I stormed off from dinner. Tonight was the night I was getting Brad out. It had taken careful planning and watching the switching of the guards. I slowly walked up to the balcony and dropped the bag into the bushes. The dogs that patrolled the area would be eating the meat in the bag. I threw a steak in front of the bag. By the time we went to bed, they would be chowing down on the steak.

"What are you doing?" the voice of annoyance sounded as I looked up, anticipating his arrival.

"Looking at the stars," I replied, "I feel just like Persephone, the girl that didn't want to marry Hades but was kidnapped and tricked into maryrign him."

"I didn't trick you," he replied.

"How do you know I'm talking about you?" I replied as I turned around to face him, "you know that's what you did to me."

"But I didn't," he seemed guilty until, "you came to me."

"I didn't have choice," I hissed.

"Well then I'm giving you the choice," he replied, "leave." I looked at him uncertainly but proceeded to the door until I felt a hand grab my wrist.

"Psyche," he joked as he pulled me near him, arm around my whispered and whispered, "why can't you just love me?"

I pulled myself out of his grasp, "it's not like you love me, you just love my status," and I stormed off. I ran into the bedroom and closed the door, but I could hear the footsteps. I changed into some pyjamas and thought about Demetri. Every day I yearn for his touch, his secret smiles, his thoughts...his kisses. I touched my lips thinking about it. He probably hated me by now. We had been through so much and I had just dropped him. I looked down on my hands, the hands that used to wrap around him as we hugged, or cupped his face, or felt his strong chest. The hands that did not even wave good bye to him as I left.

"Hi," Regina whispered as she came in, "I'm guessing we're both weak huh?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well we both can't seem to stand up to the controlling men in our lives," she replied.

"I can," I grumbled as I picked some invisible lint of the duvet.

"It's Brad's execution tomorrow," she whispered in distress, "you said you'd help me."

"It's not easy Regina," I cried, "I'm trying but what can I do? I'm just as much of a prisoner as you."

"I believed in you," she shouted, i knew I was helping him, but watching her accuse me hurt me even more.

"Regina, I'm sorry," I whispered, "you forget I'm hurting too, the one I love is far away as well I don't think I can ever each him." Though I knew she would reach hers.