Chapter 7

Zoe POV

It's Friday. I've got a plan. I'll use myself to get back at Connor. Evan's already head over heels for me. I just need to take him back.

In English, third period, I asked my best friend Alana about it.

"I don't know, Zo. Do you think maybe you're overreacting? I mean what even happened?"

"Okay so Dustin Kropp and Jenna Rolan paid me twenty bucks to go out with, but stand up that guy, right? I did, they paid me, it's all good. But turns out my douchebag brother was there and now he and Evan are best friends or something. Like it was supposed to be, ugh I don't even know."

"Why are you even upset? You got paid, anyway."

"True. But it's one of those things, like when you're upset about literally nothing, but you just are so angry about it? I'm not making any sense, am I?"

Alana shook her head. "What are you planning to do?"

"Well I can ask out Evan and actually go out with him so A, Connor won't be all shitty about me standing him up, and B, Connor won't have Evan, I will. As for Evan, I mean he's like desperate for me. Basically, lead him on, maybe?"

"That seems like a lot of trouble for something you're not even mad about, you know?"

(("I know, but I'm a petty little bi-" jk))

"Whatever. I mean if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I'll give up."

"Okay then. You do you, honey."

"Yas honey!"

Evan POV

"Hey Evan, wait up," Zoe called after fourth period. "I gotta ask you something."

"Oh um okay."

"Okay I'm sorry for not showing up and whatever last time. Wanna go out again, but actually?"

"Um. I-"

"Huh?"

I cleared my throat. I mean I'm pretty much over Zoe. I figured it was too good to be true. It didn't feel right. How would a girl like that go out with someone like me?

Why would anyone go out with someone like me?

"Oh. I'm sorry, but I don't, uh, I don't exactly like you like that anymore. I got that you didn't actually want to date me, so I guess we're okay?"

She tilted her head, completely not getting it, I could tell. "No I totally like you. Do you want to go out or not?"

"I'm sorry, but not really. Not like a couple."

"Yes or no?"

"No..?"

"Just give me a clear answer."

What? "Um I don't want to go out with you?" Weird. She seems oddly desperate and pushy.

She sighed. "Let's go as friends then. I just really want to hang out, you know? Two friends on a perfect day. Sound fun? Let's do it."

"Um sure then if you absolutely want to."

"YES! K, bye." With that, she walked off completely invested in a video someone posted on instagram. 

~~~

Ok Zoe what the fuck

How are you? I'm bored, but I have a three-day weekend, so not too bad.

See you in the next chapter!