Chapter - 15

Figuring that I needed to reply to Xander first, I sent him a text.

Me : What exactly are you up to with this group chat thing?

His reply came almost instantly, giving me the impression that he'd been waiting for me to reply.

Xander : Finally, she makes an appearance! And yeah, I wanna make a group chat of the three of us.

My reply was just as quick.

Me : Why?

He took his sweet time replying this time around, making me glare at my phone in anticipation. When his reply finally came, it's length made me realise why he'd taken as long as he had.

Xander : You see I was talking to Nat, telling her about our day together but she wasn't getting jealous. Like at all! Even went as far as challenging me to make her jealous! I've never been one to back down from a challenge and I'm not going to start any time soon. Hence why I came up with this impeccable idea of creating a group chat. She'll surely get jealous when we'll talk in front of her and I'll win the challenge! Please say yes, Scar. I really need your help with this one!

I contemplated whether or not to agree to this. Nat had never been the clingy, over protective types, or at least that was what I'd concluded from the few relationships she'd had over the past few years. So I wasn't all too sure if helping Xander was a smart move on my part, seeing a he seemed to be fighting a losing a battle.

Me : I don't think it's going to work.

I told him honestly. His reply came less than a minute later, quick as lightening.

Xander : Oh trust me, it is. Just say yes. Please, Scar. I really need your help with this.

I didn't know what to say to it. It wasn't that I didn't want to help him, it was just that it seemed pointless when I knew that it wasn't really going to work.

Before I could reply, his next message came.

Xander : Please, Scar. Please help out a friend in need. Pretty please with a cheery on top? Please?

And another.

Xander : Please?

And another.

Xander : Please?

And another.

Xander : Please?

God Lord, the boy was persistent! Before he could send another please, I quickly typed out a response.

Me : Okayy, okayy!

His next message came almost instantly. He was quick at replying, just like Theo had been in the beginning. The thought of Theo saddened me, but before it could dampen my mood further, I quickly pushed away all thoughts related to him to the back of mind, concentrating on the here and now instead.

Xander : Yes!!!!!!! You're the best, Scar!!!!

His enthusiasm made me laugh. Grinning, I typed out a response.

Me : Okay, okay. Just make the group chat now.

Xander : Yes, ma'am. *salutes*

Soon enough, I recieved a notification.

>> Xander added you to a group chat <<

Here we go, I thought to myself as Natalie sent the first message to the group chat. 'Hi' it simply read.