Prologue

"People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long "
~Jonny Depp

 It's because they've been strong for too long "~Jonny Depp

______________

"Get up!" Aunt Petunia says as she beats repeatedly on the door to the cupboard that Harry and I share. "Now!" She smacks the door and walks away.

Harry groans as he sits up and reaches for his glasses. I stand up and stretch. We yawn at the same time and try not to laugh as we stare at each other. I walk behind the curtain we have, grab my clothes, and hand Harry his. He closes the curtain and we change.

"Are you done, Harry? I've really got to go to the bathroom," I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm done. Now it's a matter of if you can beat me up the stairs!" He says happily.

"No, Harry!" I say as I swat the curtain out of the way. "That's not fair! You got a head start!" I shout as he swings the door open.

I get tangled in the curtain and fall. I gasp and close my eyes, preparing for the rod to hit me in the head. When it doesn't, I look up and see it had landed merely centimeters from my head. Harry runs back into the closet as he hear Dudley running through the hall upstairs.

Dudley runs halfway down the stairs, stops, and runs back up them, jumping on them. Harry and I look up and see small amounts of dust falling down. We shield our eyes as he runs down the stairs.

"Wake up, cousins! We're going to the zoo!" He laughs.

Harry opens the door and starts to walk out, only to be pushed back in by Dudley. He falls back onto his bed and I giggle.

"Oh, think it's funny, do you?" He asks, jumping to his feet.

"No," I say, hiding my face and shaking my head.

I peek through my fingers in enough time to see Harry coming at me with his arms outstretched and wiggling his fingers. I squeal and rush out of the cupboard and into the kitchen.

"Make Vernon and I a cup of coffee. And try not to mess it up," Aunt Petunia says coldly as I enter the kitchen. "And you," she says, looking at Harry, "why don't you just cook the breakfast, and try not to burn anything."

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," we mumble in sync.

He turns to the stove and I move to the coffee maker. I start brewing the coffee as Harry starts to dish out the bacon.

"Hurry up! Bring me my coffee, girl!" Uncle Vernon shouts at me.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon."