Chapter 29

Elua's POV.

Aang and Aunt Wu came out of the room, Aang looking extremely happy as he walks over to us.
"You, come," Aunt Wu says pointing at me and motioning for me to follow her.
"Wish me luck," I say jokingly to the others as I follow her into the room. She motions for me to sit on the mat in front of her, I oblige and sit down.
"Give me your hand," She tells me, holding her hand out. I put my hand in hers and she traces my palm.

"You will be at the center of a great battle, one that will determine the fate of the world. But, you will not be the one to bring Balance," Aunt Wu states, though I kind of already knew that. "The beginning of your fortune is much like your brother's." She tells me, I nod in understanding.
"Is there anything else?" I ask her curiously.
"Yes, you will marry a smart man, he will be strong but he will not bend any of the elements," Aunt Wu states. "Your feelings for each other will not be revealed until you both stand in view of the great wall," She tells me, I look at her confused. That didn't make much sense, but alright.

"Not exactly what I was expecting but-" I start to say, but I am cut off.
"Shh!" Aunt Wu shushes me. "I am not finished," She states.
"Oh, sorry," I whisper, looking at her awkwardly.
"You will bear one child, I can not see if it is a girl or boy, but they will be strong." She tells me. I look at her surprised, but a small smile forms on my face. I had never really seen myself having children, but I wouldn't be upset if I had a child one day.

"You will pass In your sleep, right after you turn 198," She tells me, I look at her with wide eyes.
"198!?" I shout in astonishment and confusion.
"Yes," She says simply.
"Wow, okay," I say as I take a deep breath. "Well, thank you for the fortune. I should get back to my friends," I tell her as I stand up and bow to her before leaving the room. I walk over to the others and we begin to walk out of the building.

"Well, now you got to see for yourselves that fortunetelling is just a big, stupid hoax," Sokka says as we walk along the streets of the village.
"You're just saying that because you're going to make yourself unhappy your whole life," Katara says smugly, Sokka frowns at her.
"She said I would marry and be happy!" Sokka defends. "But, that woman is crazy! My life will be calm, and happy and joyful!" He shouts getting more upset with each of his continuous statements. He kicks a small stone off the ground which bounces off a nearby sign and hits him the head, knocking him to the ground.

"Ow!" Sokka shouts. "That doesn't prove anything!" Sokka states as we all fight back laughs.
"Well, I liked my predictions," Katara states. "Certain things are going to turn out very well." She says as she smiles happily.
"They sure are," Aang says with a knowing smile, I look at him suspiciously.
"Why, what did she tell you?" I ask him.
"Some stuff. You'll find out." Aang says as he looks over to Katara and smiles.

"What did she say about you, Elua?" Katara asks.
"Yeah, what did she tell you?" Aang asks too.
"What I have to tell you but you won't tell me?" I ask Aang as I put my hand to my hip.
"Come on, Elua! Tell us!" Katara says excitedly. I sigh, I don't want to talk about my love life.
"She said that I would be at the center of a great battle," I tell them, hoping that's enough.
"Okay, what else?" Katara asks, not interested in that part.
"And that I would pass in my sleep right after I turned 198," I state. "But, if you count the 100 years that we were stuck in ice, then it would be right after I turned 98," I tell her, her smile fades.

"That's it?" They ask as their shoulders slump.
"What you mean 'that's it'? She told me what I would go through and when I would die," I say, purposely acting as if that's it. "I'd say that's okay," I state
"Well yeah, but did she tell you about your love life?" Katara asks with a frown. I sigh as I look away from her, thinking about what Aunt Wu said. 'You will marry a smart man, he will be strong but he will not bend any of the elements. Your feelings for each other will not be revealed until you both stand in view of the great wall,' I glance over to Sokka, he was the only person I could think of when she said that.