25 | Family Secret

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
xxv. FAMILY SECRET

╚══════════════════╝

   FOR THE NEXT FOUR days, Riley O'Dair was on strict bedrest until she could regain optimum health and maintain stable vitals

   FOR THE NEXT FOUR days, Riley O'Dair was on strict bedrest until she could regain optimum health and maintain stable vitals. According to the tests that had been run on Riley, using so much power in one go the way she had, especially for the first time, was extremely terrible for Riley's health. It was dangerous for her young, developing body; however, Riley couldn't help but feel way too badass.

   Riley watched the video JOCASTA had recorded through her suit over and over again. She couldn't quite figure out how the hell she did... well, whatever she did that night. She knew she'd been training her powers for years, but she couldn't understand what the final push was. Maybe there was a link between her emotions and her powers? The minor details weren't that important. The real question at hand was if she could do it again without being hospitalized.

  Rob O'Dair was imprisoned shortly after Riley nearly murdered him with her powers. Peter Parker hadn't stopped calling Riley out of worry for his friend, but Riley could only respond with a simple text that told him she was okay and would be able to talk to him as soon as she was better. This text, as a matter of fact, had to be sent by someone else through another phone, for Riley accidentally destroyed her phone by touching it. Her powers had been out of balance ever since her big fight against Rob.

  Oddly enough, the strangest part about it all wasn't the fact that Riley was a lot cooler than she originally thought she was, nor was it the fact that she actually went head-to-head with her biological father. The strangest part about it all was the fact that Tony Stark had gone MIA.

  She hadn't spoken to Tony since the incident with the Ferry in Staten Island, which was baffling. She was sure that she would at least hear from him or see him in person after what happened, especially since he had been so bitter that Riley hadn't called him after what happened in D.C. All she'd heard was that he ordered some of his workers to keep Riley on bedrest in the Avengers Headquarters upstate.

   Perhaps he was just busy, as per usual.

  Riley laid on the bed in the room that was meant to be hers once she was able to officially move into the new Avengers Headquarters. It was nostalgic for her, being back. Memories of her days spent with the team rushed back to her. The bickering, the training, the long nights of talking. A life before the Accords changed everything.

  Shee had attempted to sneak out of her room countless times due to her own boredom, but she was always caught. Now that she couldn't use her powers until she was stable, Riley had forgotten how to be stealthy without them. This and the fact that she had a target painted on her back meant that she was really stuck. If she so much as walked near her door, someone was there to make sure she got back in bed. It was ridiculous, but also probably very necessary.