Day 3, Haircut -Holli

I woke up much the same as I did the day before. I climbed out of bed, still confused after last night, though I felt far better with clean hair and skin. The pajamas I was in were comfortable and soft, a vast improvement over the clothing I was wearing previously. I decided that I definitely shouldn't be mad at the Dog-man,he was trying to help, as misguided as he was.

When I wandered out of the room, Merle was just heading down the stairs. I gave him a slight smile, it must've seemed so fake. He was carrying some clothes, which I presumed were for me. My heart jumped in fear that he'd change me himself again, but I managed to calm down when he walked past and put it on the bed. I was happy to change myself into the clothing with the door closed, I didn't mind what he gave me. It was a simple shirt and jeans, nothing fancy but nothing too plain.

When I came out, the dog-man was in the kitchen cooking something that smelled delicious. I watched him through the bars into the kitchen, though I could not see much. He turned an ear towards me when I first got there, turning it back when I stood for a few seconds.

He came out of the kitchen With two plates of food, still steaming. I sat in my usual spot in front of the coffee table, digging in alongside the dog-man. I still had that stupid fork, so I took small bites like before. Merle ate incredibly fast, scarfing down his meal like I wanted to the day before. He took the plate immediately after I took the last bite, he seemed to be in a hurry.

He didn't stay in the kitchen long after he took my plate, he came right back out. He didn't sit on the couch, he went right to the front door and peered out, sticking an arm out before shutting it again. He turned to me, his ears tucked back again. I took this as a sign that I should hide, so I tried to. I ducked under the table.

Another dog-man walked into the living room, he looked huge, and strong. Merle made a motion towards me, still hiding under the coffee table. The dog-man grabbed my ankle, dragging me out from under the table. He held me still and carried me out of the house. I cried out in shock and confusion, begging to know why I was being removed and where I was being taken. I could see Merle following my captor, his ears tucked back from what I assume was guilt.

I was carried into the back of a van, where two more dog-men waited for me. There was a chair in the center of the space, where I was strapped down. The dog-men casually chatted, Merle was sitting right in my field of view. I couldn't move my head much at all, which I didn't enjoy.

I had just started to calm when I heard snipping right by my head. I immediately gathered that my hair was being cut, and was less scared, but more angry. Merle didn't touch me much while they cut my hair, but he spoke to me. He touched my hand a couple times towards the end, though.

The same large dog-man who grabbed me earlier lifted me the moment my straps were loosened, hardly giving me time to move my head. I was swiftly carried back to the house, set down on the floor by the coffee table. Once I got my bearings, I dashed back into my room like an indignant teenager. Merle didn't wait long at all before following me inside and trying to coax me out.

This was completely unfair. Not only did I have no sort of warning that I'd be intruded upon like this, I didn't get to choose how my hair was cut. It was one of the many things people took for granted. I had no idea what my hair looked like, but it felt far shorter. I was livid with the Dog-man, who was now gently trying to speak to me in his language again. I peeked my head out and saw he was holding a small mirror.

I decided to look at myself. I couldn't sulk forever, it was clear this Beast would do as he pleased. At least he understood I cared about how I appeared. He wasn't all that bad, at least he was kind to me between all the embarrassment he caused.

My hair wasn't half bad. It had needed a cut before I was abducted, so I supposed it had really needed one this morning. It was actually back down to my preferred shoulder-length cut, with layers and bangs. I caught myself smiling at my reflection, before turning it back to a small scowl. I could hear Merle laugh at me through the covers, making me blush.

Published 11/6/18