♡A Royal Affair|Part Four♡

You awoke to the sound of someone knocking at your bedroom door. You opened your eyes immediately, and sat up. You looked around the room and noticed that it was bright. Beams of sunlight were leaking through the beautifully designed windows, and the morning was rather cold. Glancing at your engagement ring, you sighed. It wasn't a dream.

It had been three weeks since you had moved into the palace, and things had been running smoothly, so far. Michael and you hardly talked, and you both stayed in seperate rooms. Only once the two of you were married would you share a room with the king.

With a groan, you inhaled deeply.

"Come in," you said, loud enough for the person outside to hear.

The door opened, and your personal maid, Rose, walked in. Rose had become a very good friend of yours, and you were always happy to have her around. She was humble, and she understood you.

She had short blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. Her figure was slightly curvy, and you admired her.

"Good morning, Lady (Y/N)," she smiled. "It's quite a lovely day today,"

Your head began to spin, and you let out a breath. Ever since you had gotten engaged to Michael, the two of you has started a tour of the country to see his subjects. Everyday the two of you went somewhere new, and it was tiring.

Don't get the wrong idea, you loved meeting people - but you wanted your rest as well, and you wanted to be in bed. Today you were going to visit the orphanage in an hour, and you were looking forward to meeting the kids.

"Ah," you laughed as she walked over to help you out of bed. You had been ill recently, and your head was always spinning. The continuous trips were starting to take their toll on you. "Thank you," you said as she helped you to your feet.

Sighing and running your hands over your silk night gown, you looked at Rose.

"Is his majesty up yet?" you inquired.

"Yes, he's in the dining area - and he's waiting for you so that the two of you can go to visit the orphanage,"

You bit your lip and nodded, flashing the maid a small smile.

"I should start getting ready," you chuckled a little.

"Would you like me to assist you?" she questioned.

"I should be fine," you nodded. "Just tell his majesty that I'll be down in half an hour,"

"Certainly," Rose bowed before she walking out of the room - pulling the door shut.

"Well," you muttered to yourself. "It's time to get ready,"

⊰•

Once you had gotten dressed, you had met Michael in the dining area before the two of you left together. The both of you were seated in the car, and since the public had heard about the impending visit - they had gathered along the streets, waving. The crowds were crazy, and Bill, the driver, was doing his best not to run anyone over.

Michael waved to the people, and had a small smile on his face. Females were screaming, and males were yelling. Despite the fact that your windows were rolled up, you could hear how loud the crowds were. They really wanted to see the royal couple.

After a good hour, the vehicle finally pulled to a stop outside of the orphanage building. Many people were gathered around there, making you nervous. Bill got out, and opened your door - helping you and Michael come out. It was at this point that you noticed there were many police men, holding the crowds back. Had it not been for them, you would have most likely been dead.