+ road trip

p.s: they're old enough to drive in this imagine.

<><>●<><>

reader^

"Didn't we stop an hour and half ago?"

Johnny pulled aside,fingers tapping on the steering wheel,teeth set on his bottom lip as his biceps flexed with every movement his arm made.

What a turn on.

"Don't tell me Hayden wants to puke,again.",he groaned,changing the gear to park. I noticed all three vehicles had pulled in the parking lot of a small store for travellers,public restrooms joining it.

I giggled and undid my seat belt,Johnny doing the same. We got out,the evening breeze of California pushing my hair behind.

I pulled it into a messy ponytail as Johnny and I made our way to where our friends were stretching after getting out of their respective cars.

"What's up with the halt?",asked Carson.

Brandon stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie,"The girls needed to change. So I figured we'd pick out some more eatables,since the car rental is still an hour or so away."

Our group of eight had decided to go on a getaway. A road trip in a rented camping van was the plan,four days together was decided.

Brandon,Kenzie,Lauren and Hayden were travelling in Brandon's truck with most of the luggage in it. Carson and Nadia were in Carson's car while Johnny and I were driving together.

Carson grabbed Nadia's bag from the back,Kenzie and Lauren already having theirs over their shoulders,while Johnny and I walked back to the trunk.

As I swung my duffle bag over my shoulder,I let out a squeal of surprise when I felt lips land on mine. I smiled when Johnny pulled away,a grin dancing on his lips.

"Don't get all boogie boogie in there girls,we need no trouble.",Hayden joked as the boys chuckled.

"Shut up!",we girls giggled.

Johnny and Hayden were picking out food at the store while Brandon and Carson stayed behind,standing outside the restroom acting as 'security'.

Fools.

"I'm so excited!",Lauren squealed as she brushed her hair after changing into fresh comfy clothes. "I know,a road trip away from the town is all we needed.",Nadia replied as she slipped on her sweatshirt.

"I hope there's no fuss in the car,y/n.",Kenzie smirked as she applied her moisturiser. My eyes widened,cheeks flushing immediately.

"I'm surprised Brandon's truck hasn't blown up from all the foofaraw that belongs to Hayden.",Kenzie said as she left her hair open,making us giggle.

"I'm sure someone's keeping him in control.",Nadia winked at Lauren who then covered her face with her jacket.

After doing my stuff,I facepalmed.

"What's wrong?",Nadia asked. "I forgot to bring the hoodie I was supposed to wear in the car.",I answered.

"So there has been going on some dirty fuss!",Kenzie dramatically exclaimed,leaving us to giggle.

I walked towards the old,wooden door of the restroom,thankful for the two boys to still be standing there.

"Psst,boys!"

My head was the only thing they could see,the rest of my being half dressed,stood behind the wall.

Their heads turned around with furrowed brows. "Everything okay in there?",Carson asked. I nodded,"Could one of you call Johnny and tell him to get me something to wear?",I smiled awkwardly.

Brandon chuckled,"Sure."

A few moments later,a knock interrupted Nadia and Lauren's unsuccessful British impression. I quickly walked up to the door,Johnny's hand sticking out with a piece of thick,dark fabric held in it.

"Thanks,",I smiled.

His head tilted,eyes landing on me. I stood there with a sports bra and some leggings on. He glanced behind before opening the hoodie and practically hovering me with it.

"Shoo,get inside! I don't people seeing something that's only for me to look at."

I chuckled and walked back in,slipping on the oversized hoodie. Johnny's lemon scent climbed up my nostrils,making me smile.

All of us walked out,dressed warm since it was getting dark with the temperature dropping to 17°C,the boys stood there after packing all the food items they'd bought despite what we already had.

"Finally! I'll never understand what girls do in bathrooms for such a long time.",Hayden spoke dramatically. Lauren smacked him on his head.

The boys had come clad in sweats and hoodies,leaving no need for them to change.

Hayden glanced at me as I patted lightly on my belly.

His eyes widened before he walked over to Johnny. "Don't tell me you got her pregnant already! That's it,y/n you're not travelling with this man who doesn't know how to control his hormones,alone. We don't need mamma trouble."

We all burst out laughing,Johnny wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I continued to chuckle.

"I'm surprised the cops haven't pulled us over for brining along an hyperactive spaz with us.",Carson shrugged.

"Hey!",Hayden whined. "I did suggest to drug him to sleep.",Kenzie added. "Oh my god,I'm right here yall!",he pouted.

After sharing a last laugh,Brandon explained the further plan to us. Well,only to Johnny Carson since they were the ones driving.

"We'll meet at the car rental in about an hour or so. Remember to pull aside after honking in case there's a problem.",he spoke.

Hayden was about to open his mouth when Brandon answered his unasked question,"No,Hayden. No one's going to pull up just because you miss them."

He huffed.

We all got into our respective cars,Brandon's truck leading us as the other two cars followed him.

I smiled when I felt my fingers being laced between others,lips brushed over my knuckles. I rested my cheek on my knees that were bought upto my chest,sending Johnny a quick smile.

He rested our intertwined hands on his thigh before continuing to drive.

There we are,the lip biting because of concentration,flexing of muscles and the tapping of fingers. Sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose,knowing it bothers me.

"Stop!",I whined.

He looked at me with furrowed brows,as if he had no idea how badly he was making the butterflies double over in my stomach. "Stop what?"

"Don't do that,",I pouted.

He smirked,"Why,does it bother you?"

"It frustrates me.",I stuck my out at him. He smirked wider,taking a swift turn and focusing his eyes on the road for a few seconds before glancing at me.

"Sexually?"

My eyes widened,"Hayden is rubbing off on you and Kenz!" He chuckled as I joined him.

The next hour went by quickly,a comfortable silence quoted the air as we spoke about random things here and there,enjoying each other's company.

<><>●<><>

who wants a part 2?