Chapter Four - Piper's saving Grace

Within the first minute Connor was on the floor after trying to kick out at Nyssa but falling over due to the restrictive jeans and so it was just Travis and her battling but it looked like Travis was losing because mascara kept getting in his eyes. Nyssa hit Travis with the flat of her sword and Travis slid across the floor.

"I give up, you win Nyssa." Travis panted. "You don’t happen to have a make-up wipe do you?"

Nyssa gave him an incredulous look and all three of them started laughing.

Later in the evening Connor and Travis were leading the Hermes cabin to tea/dinner but on entering they could tell there was something wrong, well, more than normal...

Connor looked over to Jake Mason who was sat at his table without the cabin's head counsellor Nyssa, they caught each other’s eye and Jake gave a clueless shrug. Connor's eyes wandered around some more trying to work out what was going on and he even risked a glance to the Aphrodite cabin and he noticed Drew wasn't there because her siblings were all flustered, probably a makeup malfunction or something, he then looked towards the Athena cabin and noticed that Malcolm (temporary head counsellor in place of Annabeth who's on a super important, super dangerous quest) wasn't there. Just as Connor started to piece it together, Grover Underwood (a saytr and Percy's bestfriend) came stomping over, or as close as he could get to stomping with hooves, and demanded

"Why are you here, you and Travis are meant to be at the big house for the council meeting?!" Connor and Travis both stood there stunned, and then in synchronisation they said "What council meeting?" And the grumpy satyr replied

 "The emergency one that was called an hour ago, you know the one Aphrodite girl was supposed to tell you about?"

The realisation that Drew was responsible hit Connor hard, he didn't care about many things, but one thing he did care about was his cabin and looking after them since their ex-head counsellor wasn't exactly reliable in that department when he left them for Kronos or whatever. Connor and his brother took off running, or some semblance of running with too tight clothes and eye lashes malting constantly between the two of them. But they reached the big house and stormed in a little dramatically, interrupting Drew mid-sentence, she gave them a venomous look. Connor wondered what was more dangerous, an angry Aphrodite kid or an irritable kitten, right now he'd take the kitten, but he was snapped out of that thought as a deep voice sounded.

 "Ahhh, boys, thank you for joining us at this mandatory head-council meeting and taking your rolls as head counsellors seriously"

"B-b-but…" Connor stammered

"Be quiet boy, we don't have time for this" There was absolutely no arguing with Chiron so Connor and Travis sheepishly took their seats around the Ping-Pong table.

"Well there's some good news campers... someone wake up Clovis, and Drew put that mirror away you look fine, Lou Ellen stop messing with mist...EVERYONE STOP AND LISTEN!"

The room went silent and everyone locked eyes with Chiron.

"Now as I was saying, good news! I just got an iris message from Annabeth and we've found Percy Jackson!"

The room went up in hysterics, there was a lot of chatter and smiles all round. Percy seems like some god, well actually he could have been since the gods offered him immortality but he refused. Gods knows why. Connor always got on well with Percy, to be honest he didn't think there was one person who doesn't get on well with Percy, he’s too likable and most of them wouldn't even be here if it wasn’t for him. After a while the room settled down and everyone turned to Chiron again, he was staring at Travis and Connor with a quizzical look.