Chapter 4

Kayleigh's pov

I look up to see who is carrying me and I expect to see Andy, however instead I see Shawn. He carries me out of the room and I lean my head against his shoulder as he takes me to the bathroom. Luckily by this time there aren't nearly as many people as there was when we first got arrived. He puts me down on a chair and I am still so dizzy. "Thank you, you are a very kind person. Probably saved my life." Man I am drunk.

Shawn laughs and moves to the sink to get me a glass of water. "You might want to drink something besides vodka."

"Oh don't worry, I moved on to tequila a while ago." I take a sip of the water and slide onto the floor as the chair is not very comfortable. Shawn takes a seat on the floor beside me. I put my head on his shoulder, however I know I shouldn't, it's probably just the tequila. "I'm sorry about Andy, that was super awkward when he came upstairs."

"Don't worry about it, is he your boyfriend?" Shawn asks curiously.

"No he isn't. Not anymore at least. He broke up with me about two months ago. This is just the first time we've seen each other since, so it's kinda reopening the wounds if you know what I mean."

"Yeah I get it, breakups suck." He looks at me sympathetically. "I have to admit though, I can understand you breaking up with him, but him breaking up with you? I'm a little shocked." He has a flirtatious tone to his voice that catches me off guard again. 

"Well believe it baby." Oh god, there goes the tequila again. "Sorry I'm such a disaster, you really don't need to sit with me if you don't want."

He puts his hand on my thigh and it sends shivers up my spine. "You didn't ask me to be here, I want to be."

He looks me in the eye as he says this and I look at him back. His eyes are so dreamy, I am completely lost in them. "What time is it?" I ask suddenly snapping back to reality.

Shawn looks at his watch, "3:30".

"Oh god I should not be here. I really need to go home." 

I go to stand up and the sense of dizziness comes rushing back. "Whoa, whoa, whoa you okay?" Shawn asks as he lowers me back to the ground.

I start to laugh and a smile creeps onto Shawn's face. "I don't think I can walk." I say, still laughing. 

"How are you getting home?"

"I'm taking an uber back to my place."

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to go alone, do you want to catch a ride together?" I nod in response, all of a sudden feeling very tired. Shawn helps me up to my feet, only ending up carrying me entirely after struggling to take a few steps. Our uber pulls up outside and Shawn puts me in the backseat and then runs around to the other side. I put my head on his lap and close my eyes. He starts to stroke my head and I fall asleep almost instantly.

Authors Note❥

Agh another short chapter, I know. But hoping you guys are liking it! Please vote if you do❥