Chapter 3

Kayleigh's pov

"Hey, Kayleigh are you in here?"

Oh god. To make matters worse here comes Andy. I take a few steps back from Shawn, even though we weren't doing anything. I just wanted to make it clear. "Yeah I'm in here Andy." I call out to him in the hallway. He walks in and sees Shawn and me standing there. He looks confused and I quickly jump in and introduce them to make things less awkward. "Oh Shawn, this is Andy, Andy this is Shawn." 

Shawn sticks out his hand and says, "Hey man, what's up?"

Andy shakes his hand, looking at Shawn up and down judging him. 'Hey, nice to meet you. Kayleigh, I was hoping I could talk to you quick?" He looks at me and I nod.

Shawn looks at me, "I'll see you guys downstairs."

"What were you guys doing up here? How do you even know him?" He's jealous. Which makes me smile a little, but I wipe it away quickly.

"He accidentally dumped my drink on me and felt bad so he was just apologizing. What were you wanting to talk to me about?"

He relaxes his face a little but still doesn't look convinced. "I just wanted to talk to you, and see you. I've missed you. I sometimes wonder if we made the right decision." He sounds so gentle and caring right now. Do I tell him I've missed him too? 

"You seemed pretty clear about what you wanted when we ended things."

"I know, I know, but I had so much going on, and I really don't think I was thinking straight. I was so stressed out and now that we have been apart I realize how stupid that was."

"Andy, you shouldn't have needed a break to realize that." I sigh out of frustration.

"I know, Kayleigh. I fucked up. But that's what I'm trying to say. I made a mistake, but I want to fix it. It's all I can think about. You're all I can think about."

"If I'm all you can think about, why didn't you call me?" I'm confused at this point. He could've had me. He could've made one phone call and I would've been back with him before he could snap his fingers. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't call, or text. Now that I've talked with Shawn I realize I do have options. 

Andy can see the gears turning in my head. "Look, I don't need answer right now. I know I wasn't fair to you and that you probably need some time to think. I can wait. I will wait." I look at him and nod, I really don't know what else to say. "I'm sorry I put you through all that shit, but I'm here for you, and I'm going to fight for you."

We stand here and I lean in to give him a hug. "I should probably go find Sara, she's probably wondering where I am." 

Andy lets go of me and we walk downstairs. I find Sara and Lauren in the kitchen. "There you are!" Sara calls at me. I stop and get another drink and then make my way over to them. 

"Kayleigh just in time, we're doing shots!" Lauren pulls me to the bar. 

Five tequila shots and two more vodka sodas later and I am absolutely wasted. I start to stumble around the dance floor when I realize the room is spinning. If I don't sit down I know I am going to throw up. I start to walk away trying to find a chair or couch or anything that will help me find my balance. I stop after about ten steps and feel myself falling over when somebody catches me and sweeps me off my feet.

Authors Note❥

Sorry, I know this chapter is a little shorter. I hope you're enjoying it so far. Please vote if you like!