Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Abby soon realized she was pretty stupid for running, seeing as Darren was about twelve times faster then her and easily caught up.

“Aw come on Abby, I didn't say anything was going to happen.” He replied putting a strong hand on her shoulder. She immediately tried to get out of his grasp, but to no avail.

“You know what, I was actually starting to enjoy your company. Now you tell me were fucking mated and you expect me to be all calm and cool? Well think again!” Abby was furious. She never swore unless she was completely enraged which happened once in a blue moon.

Abby began stalking off towards her house. She obviously couldn't out run him, so instead she went for some dramatic effect. Darren began following her again walking close to her but not touching her afraid he would set her off again. 

“Look Abby I understand how you feel it's just like-” Darren began but then getting cut off by Abby.

“No you don't! How can anyone know how I feel? Look I don't want to offend you. Maybe one day I could like you like that," She paused eyeballing him. “But to be forced to be with you? Oh and lets add being a werewolf leader princess thing onto the list.” she sighed. Darren let out a soft chuckle.

“It's alpha female, not a ‘werewolf leader princess thing.’” he mimicked in a girly voice.

“This is not the time to play games, and I do not sound like that.” she huffed offended.

“Whatever, anyways I do know how it feels. I didn't choose to be a werewolf I was born this way. How do you think I felt at sixteen, on my birthday, suddenly turning into a freaking wolf? My parents and brother hid it from me, for sixteen years! So yes Abby, I do know how it feels to have this all suddenly pop up into your life.” Darren said looking at her.

“I'm sorry...I shouldn't have assumed,” she sighed.

“It's fine, I'm cool with it now that I've gotten used to it. So can we move past this?” he said asked in a cheery voice before continuing, “Okay how about we head off to my house and you can ask me anything you want or we can pretend it never happened and go chill?” he asked to her.

“I don't think I can just forget that, moron. Oh, and I intend to ask you a million questions because you completely owe me. Now let's go its getting dark and I hate the dark.” Abby shivered as Darren sighed.

“You know you hurt my feelings by calling me moron right? I mean...I know you won't like me right away but, moron, seriously?” he said as Abby glared at him. “Okay, okay god you'll be the death of me you know? Being the nice guy I am, I'll let that slide. Now you have two options, hop on my back and I can get you to my house in under a minute or we can walk in this dark creepy forest.” he said laughing. He knew she hated the dark and was just trying to spook her.

“I love how you use my weakness against me,” she pouted while slapping him so he would bend over. She quickly hopped on his back and before she knew it they were in front of Darren's house. She walked up the stairs with Darren following behind her. Will opened the door for them, while of course checking out Abby. He gave a low whistle but Darren growled at him. Abby was completely confused, but decided she could ask him up stairs.

“Let's go Abby.” Darren said dragging her up the stairs to his bedroom. He lay down on his bed and patted the other side for Abby to come. She looked at him hesitantly.

“Oh come on! I'm not going to rape you or anything. I mean...I could try but considering what I told you it wouldn't be rape,” he said chuckling. Abby knew he was joking or otherwise she would have slapped him. She walked over and sat down propping her head on his pillow. They stayed in silence for a few moments before Darren began talking.