Lantern

*Sasha's POV*

-----------------------

Another tear rolled down my face as I stared at the sky, Melanie's friends from school have joined me and her family to let off lanterns in the sky.

"Melanie!" I screamed at the stars above me, another tear fell. It has been exactly 1 year that she has been taken, I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I saw that it was her Mum, Jane.

We didn't talk, we just stood and looked over the hill. "Okay guys, let's do this" her brother shouted at everyone, we all stood at the edge of the hill and held out lanterns above our heads.

"1..." her brother shouted, I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. "2..." her dad shouted, Jane rubbed my arm and gave me a reassuring smile. "3" me and Jane shouted.

Everyone immediately let go of their lanterns but I couldn't seem to do it, it was like letting Melanie go. My best friend, my sister. More tears rolled down my face and I finally let go, it slowly flew up, making the sky look brighter.

Hundreds of lanterns filled the sky and everyone cheered, "Melanie, please come back" I whispered. I let out a shaky breath and wiped my eyes, "I need you".

*Melanie's POV*

---------------------------

I was sat on the sofa with my knees pulled to my chest, I was knocked out of my daydream when Harry walked in with a plate of cookies.

"Happy 1 year anniversary" he cheered, I felt my heart sink to the put of my stomach. "A year?" I choked back a cry, he nodded and offered me a cookie.

I shook my head and covered my face with my hands, tears built up and stared at the wall. "Been the best year I think" he smiled, I ignored him and he sighed.

He sat beside me and put the cookies to one side, "I love you" he whispered in my ear. He kissed my temple gently and the tears rolled down my face, "a whole year?" I cried.

"A whole year" he smiled, he wrapped his arms around me and I instantly started thrashing about. "Don't touch me" I cried, tears blurry my vision. I began punching him but he held me close to his chest and rubbed circles in my back.

I let out a loud cry into his chest and he buried his face into my neck, we sat there for 5 minutes whilst I cried out in pain, not physical, but emotional pain.

"I just want to go home Harry" I said, my voice hoarse. He kissed my shoulder and ran his fingers through my hair, "I know" he sighed.

He grabbed my chin in between his thumb and index finger and pressed his forehead against mine, "but I love you too much to let you go" he whispered.

My bottom lip trembled and another tear rolled down my face, I looked up at Harry and I met his emerald green eyes. He gently pressed his lips against mine and cupped my face, I turned my head to break the kiss but he moved in sync with me, our lips still touching.

He slowly intertwined our fingers together and kissed me harder, I shocked myself when I was kissing him back. Once I realised what I was doing, I pulled back harder.

Our heavy breathing filled the quiet atmosphere, he went to kiss me again but I stood up. "I-I..Sorry" I blurted out, as I was about to walk out, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Why are you apologising?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed tightly. "For kissing me back?" he questioned, I shyly nodded and looked at my hands in my lap.

He smiled and tilted his head to the side, "you don't have to say sorry for kissing me" he laughed. He pressed my lips to my forehead and left them there for a few seconds, "I love you" he repeated.

He pulled away from me and poited to the plate of cookies, "not a really good celebration is it?" he laughed. I bit my lip and shook my head, "I say we get completely pissed" he said, standing up and clapping his hands together.

I smirked and stood up too, "I say yes" I replied. Harry cheered and grabbed my hand, he pulled me into the kitchen where all of the boys are. "Go out and get a ton of alcohol" Harry said to Zayn, he shoved his hand in his pocket and pulled out a handful of 20 pound notes.

My eyes widened at the stack of money, he probably steals it from people. "Just get the strongest stuff, whatever. Tonight we are having a party" Harry said handing the money to Zayn, Louis and Niall cheered loudly.

"I'll be back in a bit" Zayn said, putting his leather jacket on and grabbing his car keys. "Okay, bye" Harry shouted when he walked out of the door, this will be fun. Once they are all pissed, I can try to escape.