Prologue

Dark. The room was dark, and cold although it was the middle of summer. The sleeves of the shirt were stained red as the small figure curled themself up smaller. They knew they'd never be good enough. They knew the pain wouldn't subside. The figure shivered as they lost more and more blood through the deep gouges that littered the skin of their arms. The figure got up, atanding to their full height and trudged the bathroom. The mirrior screamed insults at the face that looked into it. The figure broke down, throwing a stick of deodorant at the mirrior, causing it to smash around them, pieces falling into the sink. The figure collapsed to the floor, sobbing into their stained shirt sleeves.

        Why can't you be perfect like everyone else?? They screamed in their head, letting out an actual scream to try to releave some of the pain built up inside. The figure picked up a piece of the broken mirrior, slashing bleeding red lines into the skin of their thighs. IF you can't be good enough, then you shouldn't be alive!! They thought to themself. It was like something was taking over the poor person, sitting on the floor of their bathroom, slashing lines, and bleeding from all four limbs. Tears coated tender cheeks as blood soaked the floor. The figure eyed the bottle of pills sitting on the counter. They could end it. They could end it right then. The doorbell rang out, echoing throughout the house. The figure got up slowly, changing their clothes to mask the still bleeding wounds.

        They opened the door slowly to see a delivery boy standing outside.

        "Yeah?" The boy held up a package which the figure took slowly, and without word.

        "What happened to your arms?"

        "I got in a fight."        

        "With who?"

        "Myself"

Note: Here's the prologue to the Michael portion of the series. Please be sure to check out the first book Anorexia about Ashton Irwin, and the soon coming third and fourth books about Calum and Luke. ALso comment and let me know what you think. Favourite comment gets a dedication! Love you bunches :)