Chapter 8

NORMAL P.O.V.

"The preliminary event is going throught the Sky Labyrinth again this year! pumpkin~ The rules are the same." Mato said. (Mato is that guy with the pumpkin head). "On your mark, get set, GO!"

All the teams ran inside the maze. Fairy Tail team A had Wendy and Natsu to sniff the way out. They ran as fast as they could.

"Congradulations! You came in 4th place this year. pumpkin~" Mato said.

Fairy Tail team A did a little victory dance. Lucy looked at who came in before them. Third was Lamia Scale, second was Raven Tail, and first was Sabertooth. Lucy's heart fluttered slightly when she saw Sting. They made eye contact. Making sure no one was looking, she gave Sting a large smile and a thumbs up. Sting smirked and looked away. A small smile played on his lips. Rogue saw the small smile but didn't say anything. About 30 minutes later, the rest of the teams arrived.

"The first event of the day is called 'Manhunt'. Contestants are teleported into town. Our machine is going to go around and try to hit you. If you are hit you become a 'machine' and try to hit other contestants. The last one left is rewarded 10 points. The contestants are Rufus Lohr from Sabertooth, Arania Web from Mermaid Heel, Nullpuding from Raven Tail, Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail team A, Eve Tearm from Blue Pegasus, Toby Horhorta from Lamia Scale, Yaeger from Quatro Cerberus, and Juvia Lockser from Fairy Tail team B!" Mato announced.

The contestants were teleported into town.

"On your marks, get set, GO!"

About 40 minutes later, the event was over. The results were posted

1st-Sabertooth

2nd-Fairy Tail team A

3rd-Fairy Tail team B

4th-Raven Tail

5th-Blue Pegasus

6th-Mermaid Heel

7th-Lamia Scale

8th-Yaeger

Fairy Tail congratulated Gray and Juvia. About two minutes later, the matches began.

"The first match is Lucy Heartfillia vs Flare Corona!" Mato said.

"Go Lucy!" Fariy Tail cheered.

"Show them what Fairy Tail is made of!" Natsu shouted.

"Good luck blondie." Laxus said.

An angry tick mark appeared on her forhead. She glared at Laxus and walked to the arena.

What is it with people and calling me blondie? Lucy thought.

"Ready, set, FIGHT!"

"I can't wait to beat you again blondie." Flare said.

Another tick mark appeared on Lucy's forhead.

"WOULD EVERYONE JUST STOP CALLING ME 'BLONDIE'?!" Lucy shouted. "Celestial Sphere!"

A large orange sphere appeared on Lucy's hand. She launched it at Flare and followed it with a kick to Flare's stomach. Lucy didn't give Flare a chance to attack. She summoned Cancer to cut her hair while Lucy attacked Flare over and over again with her 'Celestial Sphere'. Flare fell to the ground unconcious.

"Lucy Heartfillia is the winner!" Mato annouced.

Lucy did a victory dance on her way back to her team.

"Yeah! You did it Luce!" Natsu said.

"Good job." Gray and Erza said.

A small boy ran up to Lucy and gave her a note. She opened it.