( 22 ) SO I DROWN IT OUT

━ 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 ━

THERE WAS AN AURA of depression around Sweet Pea as he took a seat beside Fangs, Toni on the other side of the Latino

THERE WAS AN AURA of depression around Sweet Pea as he took a seat beside Fangs, Toni on the other side of the Latino. His eyes were glazed over with tears and were almost a bloodshot red. He didn't want to come. Who would ever want to attend a funeral of someone they loved? Someone they spent all of their time with. Their happiness. "We are gathered together today for the funeral of Kira Dove Summer, a soul gone way too soon." Sweet Pea let his eyes flutter shut, almost smelling the scent of the girl he once loved.

"Here are a couple of words from the father of Kira." Jonathan Summer stood up from his seat in the front row, wiping underneath his nose. He walked up to the podium and stared down at the microphone for a minute before he released a shaky breath and began to speak.

"My daughter is — was the most beautiful soul I had ever met. She was an exact replica of her mother. She was kind, smart, beautiful, and she always put others before herself — exactly like her mother." Jonathan chuckled. "Kira would always take care of me, even if it was my job to take care of her. She'd clean me up after I've had a long night of drinking. She'd make my bed and undo it so I can lay down. She took me out for walks as if I was a dog. She made sure I still went to the doctor's office for checkups. She never wanted to lose me, but yet I lost her."

Jonathan continued to speak about Kira as if she was an angel that had broken its wings and wasn't able to go back to Heaven. After he was done, the pastor asked if anyone else would like to go and up went FP Jones.

FP pursed his lips and swallowed the lump in his throat before he made eye contact with someone in the crowd. Sweet Pea followed his eyes, seeing that it was Jughead Jones, FP's son. Jughead's eyes were the proof that he had been crying too. Kira was his best friend from the Southside, the one person he truly cared and loved for was gone. "Kira Dove Summer was like a daughter to me," is what he started off with. Afterwards, Jughead stood and walked over to the podium. Jughead rubbed his forehead and sniffled before looking out to the crowd.

"Hi. My name is Jughead, FP's son. I, uh, didn't plan on speaking today, but now I can't help it. I'm here to share a couple of things about Kira that may have already been said, but I'm going to say them again. Kira was a beautiful, beautiful girl. She was an old soul with a young and wild heart. I know that if she were here right now, she wouldn't be at home sleeping. She'd be out by the Quarry or maybe sneaking into an abandoned building just to take some pictures that no one will ever see except for herself and I, that way she wouldn't get in trouble. Kira and I had a bond that was so secure and closed in that I thought we told each other everything. I knew that she told me everything, but she never told me anything about her depression and her struggles with her own self. I now know that it's because she never liked me worrying about her. But she lived here on the Southside where I'm not and that scared me half to death right with that fact alone. I wasn't here to protect her. To protect her from not only the outside world, but herself. So I'm sorry, Kira. I'm sorry that I failed you."

With that, Jughead walked away from the podium to sit beside his father, a straight face crossing his features. But you could tell he was struggling to keep it. The pastor's eyes scanned the crowd as he asked if anyone else wanted to speak. And there went Sweet Pea's hand. Sweet Pea slowly stood up and walked past everyone in the crowd and to the podium. He kept his eyes away from the casket that held his girlfriend. His black tux fitted him perfectly, his short hair gelled just a bit to hold it in place. He made eye contact with Jonathan Summer and the man gave him a small nod.

"Kira was my girlfriend. She was an angel who showed me what love is. She was my true soulmate. Whenever we were together, it was as if no one could ever harm me or come between us. I cherished every single moment that we spent together. I wouldn't done it even more if I had known what she was planning. We met back when we were thirteen at the Whyte Wyrm. Everything started off with me complimenting her Serpent jacket. From then on we became best friends. She would tell me how her day was, explain it to me, she'd rant about the issues she thought her teachers had and we'd say that one day we'd run away from Riverdale and get a fresh start. When we became girlfriend, we added having children and a house in to the plan. Kira Summer was my world. She was everything I could ever ask for in a girlfriend, soulmate, and best friend. She had the smile that could take any and every sin away from the Southside, an these eyes that lit up each time she spoke about something she loved and me, she looked beautiful when she cried, and that's hard to pull off. I could continue to speak about Kira, but I know I have to end it soon cause this is limited. So, I'll say this. There's an angel in Heaven that is a part of me. It's not where I wanted her, but it's where I know she's safe. She was here but for just a moment like a shooting star. And though she is in Heaven, she is not very far. She touched the heart of many like only an angel could do. I would've held her every minute in the end if I had only known. So I send this special message to the Heaven above."

Sweet Pea looked up to the sky, tears rolling down his cheeks as he closed his eyes. "Please take care of my angel and send her all of my love. Take care of my sweet Honey."