Sick days (Wangxian)(Wei Wuxian/Lan Wangji)

Wei Wuxian coughed and hacked while lying down on his bed. He seemed to have caught a cold after fighting Jiang Cheng in the water. He grumbled as he turned to his side trying to find a comfortable position. He opened his eyes slightly in search of his husband. Lan Wangji. Seeing that we was no where in sight, he painfully got up and went to search for him. 

When he tried to open the door, 2 members of the Gusu Lan Sect stopped him. "Master Mo, you must not go outside, you must stay and rest" A voice that was holding the door said. Wei Wuxian, now knowing that the door to go out doesn't work, he looked for another escape plan. 

With a cough, he peered out the window and saw 2 other members of the Gusu Lan Sect standing there as well. He made a small pout as he knew he was stuck there. He sat back down and put his head in his hands, trying to ease the dizziness. He heard the door to the room open as he immediately lifted his head to see his son with some medicine. 

"Sizhui" He called out his name and he gestured him to come closer. Lan Sizhui did as he was told and sat down beside his dad. Wei Wuxian hugged him as Lan Sizhui returned it. "Where's your dad?" He asked. "He's busy attending a meeting, he should be here shortly" He said reassuringly. "Mhn" Wei Wuxian grumbled as he let go of his son and used his hand to hold up his head. 

Lan Sizhui poured the medicine as he gave it to Wei Wuxian. There's nothing more Wei Wuxian hates aside from dogs, he hates eating medicine. With a shake of his head, Wei Wuxian closed his mouth and turned to the side. "Dad, you have to eat this" Lan Sizhui said trying to turn his head towards him. He just shook his head over and over again. After about the 8th try, he was about to admit defeat when they both heard the door open. 

"Dad, I tried to give him medicine but he won't eat it" Lan Sizhui said. Wei Wuxian turned to look at the person who was looking at him. "I'll take care of it, go out and go on patrol" Lan Wangji said as Sizhui gave him a bow and left. 

Lan Wangji, who now has the medicine in hand stared at Wei Wuxian. "Don't try any funny business Lan Zhan, I'm not eating it no matter what" Wei Wuxian said as he turned his head to face the other way. 

However that wouldn't stop Lan Wangji as he kissed him causing him to gasp. As soon as the gasp came out, he parted their mouths and shoved the spoon inside making him swallow the medicine. "Ew! Gross! That's unfair, Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian whined as he tried to wipe off the excess medicine from his tongue to his sleeve.

Satisfied Lan Wangiji turned to leave as Wei Wuxian quickly grabbed his sleeve pulling him back. "Why are you leaving so soon?" Wei Wuxian asked with a hint of disappointment written on his face. Lan Wangji looked away. "I'll prepare a bath for you" Lan Wangji said as he took Wei Wuxian's hand and lead him to the bathroom. 

Wei Wuxian watched as Lan Wangji filled up the tub with warm water. When he made sure the water wasn't took cold or too hot, he helped Wei Wuxian into the bath. Wei Wuxian shuddered at the touch of the warm water against his skin. Lan Wangji squirted some shampoo into his hair as he started to lather it, massaging his scalp. Wei Wuxian sighed in contentment at his touch as he closed his eyes. 

Sadly the bath didn't last long as he was soon taken out of the bath. Lan Wangji helped him put on a new piece of clothing as they waited for Wei Wuxian's hair to dry. Wei Wuxian let out a sneeze as Lan Wangji looked at him. He moved closer to the shivering Wei Wuxian as he pulled him into a hug. Wei Wuxian eyes widen from the sudden contact. "Do you feel warmer now?" Lan Wangji asked as he nodded. Lan Wangji let out a smile as they continued to hold each other.

Once Wei Wuxian's hair was dry, Lan Wangji picked him up bridal style and placed him back into bed pulling the covers over him. He began to run his fingers into his long hair getting rid of the tangles that were hiding in it. 

Seeing how comfortable Wei Wuxian was, Lan Wangji suddenly felt tired and felt like he needed to rest as well. So with a swift movement, he was now lying next to Wei Wuxian in his bed. "Eh, Lan Zhan. You can't sleep here, you'll get sick!" Wei Wuxian said, his voice a little hoarse. "We can snuggle once I get better" Wei Wuxian tried to reason. Lan Wangji turned his head slightly towards him "But I love you" Lan Wangji said in a hushed tone. "Now, sleep"

Wei Wuxian felt butterflies in his stomach every time those words were said. "I love you too, Lan Zhan". Wei Wuxian gave him a peck on the cheek as he snuggled into his chest listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat. 

A few days later Wei Wuxian was finally starting to feel better. However it seems like Lan Wangji has caught Wei Wuxian's cold. Lan Wangji was lying down in bed with a flushed face. Wei Wuxian came in the room with a bucket of water and a towel. He placed them down as he dampen the towel and placed it on his forehead for a while. 

"Wei Ying, please go back outside. I don't want to see you get sick" Lan Wangji said. Wei Wuxian just shook his head. "I don't mind if I get sick, that's because I love you, Lan Zhan" Wei Wuxian smiled as he laced their hands together a laid his head on the side of his bed closing his eyes. He felt Lan Wangji's warm hand hold his as his thumb made tiny rounds of circles on his hand. Wei Wuxian smiled as he melted into his touch. 

Being sick sucks but when you have someone to take care of you, it doesn't feel all that bad.