Vikklan- Invader

Vikk's P.O.V.

Lachlan gagged but tried to keep silent, clinging to my hand in the dark as he tried to stop himself from being sick. He was choking desperately in the silence, unable to stop himself.

"Shhhh" I hushed him gently, desperate for him to stay quiet so we wouldn't be caught and possibly killed. "It's okay, it's okay."

His head was pressed into my chest and I could actually feel him shaking, the fear of what could come overwhelming him and there was nothing I could do about it.

He stopped gagging after a few minutes and settled down in my arms, blinking slowly and pushing himself as close as possible. I hugged him tightly. There was nothing I got do or say without giving away where we were.

"Are you okay?" He whispered softly up to me, barely finding the courage to lift his head in the fear of the noises it could make. I nodded.

"I'm okay Lachy." I whispered back, my voice hardly loud enough that even I could barely hear it.

My breath hitched when I heard footsteps in the room and I froze up, hardly daring to breathe as I realised that he was in the room with us. Lachlan had stopped breathing (pretty much) and his grip on my hand tightened as the two of us silently prayed that we wouldn't be found.

The footsteps were light and I could hear their heavy breathing, a tell tale sign that they were exhausted. I wanted to be sick because it probably meant that someone else had been caught and I certainly didn't want to be next.

It was a few seconds before they started rattling around the room, pulling open cupboards, looking around things and I closed my eyes. We were crouched in the back of a cupboard hidden under a bundle of clothes but if they open the door behind which we were hiding, then they would certainly see us.

Gently, I reached out and cupped Lachlan's cheek in my hand and he leaned into it, knowing that it was likely all over now.

I love you, I mouthed and I saw the tears streaming down his face.

And then the cupboard door opened.

I held my breath and squeezed onto Lachlan's hand, our bodies partially hidden but the clothes that were piled over us. But nothing happened. The door was slammed shut again and I barely dared to believe it because they hadn't seen us!

Lachlan and I held our breaths for another minute or so before we finally decided to let them out, shock settling into my veins. I was so surprised that one, they hadn't seen us, two, we managed to stay hidden and three, they hadn't freaking seen us!

Lachlan closed his eyes and I saw his lips moving, silently praying in thanks to whatever god was up there. I rested my head against the wood of the cupboard, crying my eyes out as silently as I could, squeezing Lachlan tightly.

"Lachy?" He looked up, shaking. "We need to call the police. I don't know what happened to the others." He nodded. There was a high possibility that they were injured or even possibly dead and we knew that Josh was injured.

The 5 of us, as in Lachlan, Simon, Josh, JJ and I had all been sitting at the kitchen bench, chatting and eating breakfast while we tried to wake up when someone snuck up behind us and whacked Josh over the head with the but of a knife.

He had fallen from his chair and to the floor and the rest of us had turned, seeing a bulky person in a mask and glove with a knife and a gun standing behind us. We had bolted in different directions, JJ towards the living room, Simon out the back door and Lachlan and I had run upstairs, the first place we had thought of to go.