Chapter 7

Red Mistress's P.O.V.

I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Jason.

"Oh it's just you." I grumbled and rolled over.

"What do you mean it's just me?" Jason said as he tickled my neck.

"I'm joking doofus!" I said laughing and squirming. I punched his arm playfully. His face crunched up in pain. I looked at him curiously then rolled up his sleeve. He had a huge cut across his biceps.

"Jason what happened?"

"It was after you fell asleep. I ran into a girl sitting in the alleyway. She was dressed in black and white and had a bow and black and white arrows. We fought and she shot me."

My eyes widened. "Midnight." I whispered to myself.

"What?!" Jason asked.

"Midnight. Remember Alex, Alex Steel?"

Jason nodded.

"Well Alex is that girl you fought! We joined the Young Justice League. I'm Red Mistress. I kinda stole your name and your uniform."

"That's okay. But the mini league?"

"They're not that bad. You should come back with me. Please? For me?" I touched his hand.

"Okay." Jason agreed reluctantly. "Let's go."

***************************

"Red Mistress B13; Red Hood B14." The computor announced our arrival.

Everyone's head turned to us.

"What are you doing with that monster!" Alex snarled, launching herself onto Jason.

She knocked him over and punched his face but damaged nothing; his helmet was on so her hand just glanced off of him. Jason grabbed her wrist and flipped her but she landed on her feet and stood up. M'gann and Wonder Girl flew to grab Alex and restrain her.

"You filthy little brat! You tried to kill me! Im gonna rip of your little arms and shove them down your throat!" Alex spat at Jason.

"Well I'm gonna rip your eyes out, then cut your lungs out and pick your heart out with a dull hairpin and cook them in a pot and eat them."

I shuddered and put a hand on Jasons chest.

"Enough!" I cried.

"No it's not enough." Alex growled. She kicked him in the face and knocked his helmet off. She ran over to him and ripped his mask off. Jason looked up at her and glared at her.

"Well, look who it is." She sneered as Jason stood up.

"Alex enough! Leave him be!" I snapped as Jason put an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

Alexs face changed from anger to guilt as she saw my hurt expression.

"Im sorry. I just got carried away."

"Carried away? You just attacked him!"

"What's going on he- Jason?"