CC7 - Part 21

I was always one of the first people to be up in the morning. And so was Normani, which was why I liked rooming with her amongst other things. I didn’t have to worry about waking her up and could enjoy my early mornings with her.

Today was different though. The stress and anxiety of the day before had taken a bigger toll on me than expected. I was still in bed and felt completely out of it when I heard two people talking in the room.

“She’s still asleep?” I recognized Camila’s astonished voice as I woke from my slumber.

“Yeah, maybe she’s a little sick or something”, Normani answered but I started wiping my eyes and sat up in my bed.

“I’m up”, my own voice cracked like it did sometimes in the morning. Both of them looked at me now and I stretched mildly to get rid of the tension in my body.

“Good morning”, Camila smiled and my heart instantly fluttered at the realization of what had happened yesterday.

“Morning”, I breathed but tried to be subtle since we didn’t want any of our teammates to know about us yet.

“I guess I’ll go downstairs for breakfast so you two can make out”, Normani suddenly blurted out. Well, so much for our plan of keeping it a secret.

“What?” the youngest in the room nearly choked. “I thought…you didn’t want to tell people”, Camila obviously assumed I had told Normani.

“She didn’t”, my close friend laughed while eyeing our shocked expressions. “I always sensed there was something going on between you and when you both declined dinner last night to ‘stay in’”, she used finger quotes while I blushed. “It was pretty obvious.”

“To you or to everyone?” I asked immediately since I didn’t mind Normani knowing at all really.

“No, I think it’s just me. The others don’t have a clue and I don’t plan on telling them”, the defensive midfielder explained as I exhaled in relief.

“Thanks Mani”, I replied appreciatively before Camila repeated my words of gratitude.

“No problem. I’ll see you at breakfast”, she winked at us and left the room shortly after.

Taking a deep breath, I ran my hand through my messy hair and saw Camila approaching the bed slowly. She looked so gorgeous in the university red track jacket of the team. I couldn’t help myself but still be in awe of her beauty every single time I saw her. I wasn’t being superficial but appreciative of the fact that she appealed to all of my senses. As she sat down, I felt her hand tenderly stroking my cheek which was unexpected but all the more comforting.

“How are you feeling?” the younger one asked clearly concerned. “You look exhausted.”

“I’m feeling anxious”, I admitted.

“About the game?”

“That too”, I sighed quietly and didn’t want to be so negative but my wheels started turning again.

“Did you get any news on your mom?” the left-midfielder understood what I was talking about without me having to say it.

“No, not yet”, I answered truthfully. “That’s probably why I’m feeling so on edge.”

The hand that was placed on my cheek a few seconds ago was now reaching for my chin. She leaned in and I knew what she was doing but pulled back slightly. Her horrified expression made me realize she was probably scared that this would be another round of our back and forth.

“I haven’t brushed my teeth yet”, I explained my hesitation with a small laugh and saw her tension dissolving with a chuckle.

“Then I’ll have to pick out a different spot, I guess”, Camila husked seductively and I kinked an eyebrow in surprise. It took only a few moments before she had set her eyes on the new target and I gulped as her full lips planted a kiss on my neck. I expected her to withdraw after the small peck but she didn’t. Instead, I felt the soft lips parting and letting her tongue brush the sensitive skin. The following suction she created with her mouth was truly unexpected this early in the morning. “Maybe…” she breathed before sucking on a different spot. “I can do something to take the edge off”, her voice was so breathy that my heart skipped a beat.