Chapter 8

3RD PERSON

Sadly, it happened to be a school day today, which meant less of Lauren and Camila time. Camila walked through the corridors; looking for Lauren. While walking, Camila accidentally bumped into someone; not knowing who it was, she was scared. "Watch where you're going, you dumb mute!" This saddened Camila, but she hadn't the courage to say something. She did what she could only thing to do: run into the bathroom. Camila dashed through the bathroom door, but not without Lauren spotting her. Lauren saw Camila's urgency and followed. 

"Camz, you in here?" Lauren asked. She heard a whimper and a door unlock; Lauren followed the sound to a Camila sitting on the ground curled up in a ball. Lauren wanted to ask what was wrong, but then remembered that Camz wouldn't speak to her while at school. She wrapped her arms around the small girl, and tried to soothe her.

The sound of the bell brought them back to reality, and out of the bathroom. Lauren walked Camila to her classes as usual, and the two parted ways...that is, until they could go to Lauren's house and talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now the end of the day, where Lauren led Camila to her car, and drove to her house. Lauren took Camila's hand and led her to the bedroom. "What happened in school that made you run into the bathroom baby?," Lauren asked Camila gently. "Man 'alled me dumb 'cause I don't 'peak." Lauren could tell her baby, was slipping, and fast. "Do you know who it was?" "I no know mama." Lauren was getting angrier by the second, and Camila could tell. "'Ama mad?" "Yes baby, at the man who said my baby was dumb." Camila was relieved, because she thought Lauren was mad at her for worrying Mama.