Prologue

"I need to talk to you."

Your hand froze, its former task of writing out a grocery list forgotten. Here it was. You'd been waiting for Yoongi to finally say something to you for a while. You'd noticed him acting strange the past few weeks. Getting home at odd hours, looking at you with an unreadable expression at times. You'd heard him have a whispered phone call while you were supposed to be asleep two nights ago, your heart shattering when you heard the quiet "I love you." You'd decided to keep it to yourself, even though you were dying inside and waiting for the moment when he would deliver the killing blow.

"What's up, babe?" You try to sound casual, going back to writing your list. You know if you looked at him even once, you'd start sobbing.

"What do you think about...polyamorous relationships?" Yoongi asked softly.

"Polyamorous? That's when there's more than one in the relationship, right? I don't really know. I've never thought about it. Do we know someone in one?" You ask, still keeping your eyes and hands busy with the list. This wasn't exactly the conversation you thought you'd be having, but you needed to be prepared.

"Do you think that you would be good in one? Say, if I was to bring someone home. And, I loved you both and we would all live together and...yeah." Yoongi rambled behind you. Your mind was racing, trying to figure out what he was saying. Was he trying to hint that he wanted to bring his whore into your home?

"Yoongi, you need to be clearer with what you're asking. Is this a what if game, or are you telling me something?" You ask, trying to control the shivers you felt coursing through your body.

"Jimin is back."

The whispered confession sends you reeling. Jimin as in Yoongi's ex-boyfriend, the person that came before you. The Jimin that Yoongi had nearly killed himself over three years ago.

You had seen them together once before the breakup. You'd been working in the studio, having recently been hired as an audio engineer at Yoongi's label. The two of you were looking over some new equipment that had come in when Jimin came by to bring Yoongi some lunch. If you'd thought Yoongi on his own was handsome, the two of them together were beautiful. The glow that emitted from the two of them, so obviously in love, was nearly blinding. You admitted that they seemed perfect for each other, although a little dark part of you was jealous that Yoongi was looking at someone else like that. The two of you had quickly become friends, having tons in common, but you'd noticed that you'd started feeling more for him than you should. Seeing Yoongi's gummy smile brighten the room the moment that he saw his Jimin made you realize that his happiness mattered more to you than your little crush. So you'd bottled it up and never said a word.

And then that day happened.

You'd gone to work, thinking it odd that Yoongi's car was already there. He didn't usually come in until the afternoon, and here it was at 8 am. Maybe he'd gotten inspired and had to rush to the studio. It wouldn't be the first time for that, although it was a first time for a morning session. The scene that met you when you got to the studio will remain engraved in your mind until the day you die.

Yoongi, one of the strongest willed people you'd ever met, was laying on the floor in a fetal position, sobbing. There were bottles of Soju and beer everywhere, smashed bits of equipment, and...blood? Your eyes followed the trail of drops to Yoongi's bleeding wrist. Gasping, you rushed towards him, grabbing his wrist to inspect the damage.

He chuckled hoarsely through his tears. "Don't worry, I couldn't even do that right. I couldn't remember if it was up or across." You wrap his wrist with the towel that you see nearby, knowing he won't let you do more right now.