Haunting of the Forgotten

Beginne am Anfang

"A warrior should be alert even while asleep."

She said startling Avantika.

"Rani Devasena..!"

"In sometime, you are to face a monsterous army that will come at you when you think its least possible. So being like this ain't helpful."

"I know. I was just.."

Devasena touched her shoulder and steered her to look in a direction close to where Avantika was looking prior.

"There awaits our motherland Kunthalam. That way."

"I wasn't born there. Nor brought up there."

Avantika said in a heavy voice.

"But it doesn't change the fact that you are from Kunthalam. Even while flying high, we always have our foot on the ground."

"It also doesn't change the fact that I know nothing about the motherland that was supposed to be my home. All I know are those mountains and these caves Rani Devasena."

Devasena smiled.

"So let me tell you about it. Kunthalam is a country that is not much different from those mountains. Long long time ago, a flood from the river made us to live off the civilization for almost a century. I remember my motherland, as a beautiful white swan that has spread its wings, ready to fly."

"A Swan rani Devasena?"

"Yes. Swan was our symbol and also coat of arms. Swan is known for its beauty in and out, cleverness and fierce loyalty."

"That sounds.."

She stopped not knowing the proper word for description.

"I know. Our maathrubhoomi is beyond words. It had many mountains and hills surrounding it with springs of water everywhere despite the threat of a flood. It was just like a swan swimming in a water spring among tall mountains."

Avantika remembered where she met Shivudu for the first time and fought with him as he tried to show her the side she never knew she had in her.

Devasena smiled looking at Avantika's face that blossomed.

"And from your expression I see that you have visited already."

A pink hue blossomed in Avantika's cheeks.

"Ahem.."

"Sorry Rani Devasena."

"So you up for another visit to our motherland?"

That surprised Avantika.

"Now?"

"Yes. Before the final show down?"

"Well Avantika.. Say Yes. Mahendra will be with us."

Devasena wanted to hit her husband's head somewhere.

"Amarendra. What are you doing down there eavesdropping on us?"

"My intentions are pure as I wanted to be here if and when you needed my help. I know you are expert in climbing up and not the other way round."

Devasena growled. Amarendra swallowed his chuckle while Avantika had tough time fighting her urge to laugh out loud.

"Yeah right."

"Maybe he is right Rani Devasena. We will go down. Come."

"You people should stop taking his side!"

"Well we are not taking sides as we know the reality."

"Go down!"

She ordered making Avantika run down.