Chapter 11

Chapter 11

My heart was pounding hard after I left the backstage. I was happy nung matapos ang evening gown portion at kasama ako sa top five na magp-proceed sa last stage.

I felt proud, I feel like I've accomplished a goal kahit na alam ko sa sarili kong hindi ko naman ginustong manalo nung umpisa. But maybe, in the process I learned to like it. Magiging impokrita naman ako kung di ko aaminin na gusto ko na ang korona, ngayon.

The other remaining contestants are Felicity Yu, Pia Tanhueco, Yvette Gonzales, and the girl from section Mabini. Tama nga ang sabi ni Vince, kami kami ang magkakabanggaan sa dulo.

This is the most thrilling part of the pageant. Ito ang parte na halos lahat kabado, bukod na lang siguro sa mga manonood. But I was shocked when I find myself nervous, ibig sabihin lang non I'm starting to be concious, because deep within me I wanted the crown already.

"Each of the contestants will have their opportunity to pick one question from the glassbowl and will be given thirty seconds to answer it. Once the time is up...." the Host reiterated.

I've gone too far, and I didn't go this far just to be this far.

Pia was the first one called to answer.

I had to admire her confidence, lumakad siya ng naka ngiti at parang walang kaba sa katawan.

If I can't have the crown, I just pray that she'll be the one to have it. Because honestly, she's the most deserving among us, for me. Siya ang nakitaan ko na may taglay nung totoong beauty queen qualities na hindi sadyang pinapakita sa stage at audience, hindi acting at for performance lang. She's naturally nice and kind, truth to be told I want to befriend her, pero hindi ko alam kung paano siya i-approach... Kaya I'll be contented with secretly treating her as one, kahit hindi niya alam.

"Your question is....."

Pia nailed her answer and I clapped for her. Pagtapos niyang sumagot grabe ang hiyaw ng mga tao! I can even see the judges grinning because of her answer.

But after the amusement, napalitan ulit yun ng kaba kasabay ng drum rolls habang inaantay kung sino ang susunod.

The next one is Yvette, mukhang pinag sunod-sunod pa nila yung magagaling!

This will be harder, mas tataas ang expection sa mahuhuli kung ganito kagagaling ang pinag sunod-sunod.

"If you have the chance to change something in the past, what part of your life would it be?"

Shit. Ito 'yung isa sa na-practice namin ni Vince! Biglang gusto ko nalang agawin yung microphone kay Yvette para ako na lang ang sumagot!

"I would change none, I would not change any scene that had happened in my life, for it contributed to what I am now. I am a combination of my mistakes in the past and the growth that I've worked here, in the present. I'd rather suffer the consequences for what I've done before, than to be a coward and change the things that are meant to happen." Yvette answered.

The other girl from Mabini was up next, which leaves me and Felicity alone. Sa sobrang kaba ko ngayon ko na lang siya napansin. She was smiling big time, not unlike me na naka ngiti nga pero nakataas pa rin ang kilay.

Habang nag-aantay kami'ng tawagin ang sunod, kinagulat ko nang hawakan ni Felice ang kamay ko.

Hindi na ako umimik, I just let her have his moment of drama on stage. Isa pa ang lamig ng kamay niya, I may not like her but it doesn't mean I already hate her, thats a strong word.

She slightly pinched my hand nang siya ang matawag. I looked at her and I saw her smiling at me. Ewan ko lang kung totoo 'yun.

"If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?"