Prologue

There he was. Staring outside.

Slappy was staring intently through the window. He was in his human form. Both of his hands were behind his back, and his eyebrows were narrowed. He watched as drops after drops from the sky hit the glass of the window.

It was raining. Pouring. The clouds from above did not give a break to let people go about and do their businesses. Although, the town where it was raining had not rained for days. It had been hot for what seemed like a long time, so these people desperately needed the rain in order for the area to cool off.

Slappy leaned forward, his face almost touching the glass, and tilted his head down. He locked his eyes to the ground. There were puddles, around ten to twelve, near the house. It did not help that the drops of rain were splashing against the wet puddles, making those puddles even bigger than before.

But Slappy did not mind. The rain did not make him angry. In fact, it made him feel the opposite. Happy.

He smirked. "Perfect. What a wonderful way to end Halloween."

Then he felt something on his shoe and looked down. He let out a chuckle and picked up whatever it was.

"Hello, my son," Slappy rasped. He kissed his son's forehead.

The baby boy giggled and cooed happily. He looked just like his father. Same color hair. Brown eyes. The infant even wore a suit of his own.

"Do you love me? Do you love your daddy?"

The boy smiled and rested his little head on his dad's shoulder. He could not say much at the time.

"I will take that as a 'yes.'" He patted the baby's back and slowly turned away from the window. An evil grin spread across his face. "If only your mother loved me."

In the middle of the room were three chairs, and people were sitting in those chairs, tied and gagged.

Stine.

Sonny and Sarah's mom.

And Shelly.

Slappy walked over to Shelly. He held out a hand and stroked her cheek.

"Why do you not love me, my bride?" he asked. "This is your son too. We are a family now." He frowned at his so-called 'mom' and 'dad.' "Mama? Papa? Why do you not love me? Do you not see that I have a wife and son? I made both of you proud." He looked back at Shelly and quickly gripped her face. "Perhaps we need another. We need to have another kid." He let go of her face and gritted his teeth. "You will learn to love me. The same goes for you, Mama and Papa. You will all learn to respect me. And I know how."

Slappy snapped his fingers, and a few of his monster friends, including Walter the Ogre, scurried in.

"My monsters! Untie Shelly and take her to my room." He burst out laughing.