1• First meet

Arrange marriage, I hated to even hear about it. But my fate didn't favour me.

Being from a conservative family, I was forced to see guys which my family chose for me. According to my family, the boys that they chose for me were gentlemen. And trust me the guys whom I have seen up till date looked more like an idiot in those typical Indian dresses. Geez!

But however I persuaded them to reject me and luckily they did reject me too. And today I had to meet yet another guy.

What was his name?!

Yeah. Manik- Manik Malhotra. Sigh! one more idiot would be added on my list.

Hopefully he would reject me too. So see here's the thing according to my grand mum my choice doesn't matter. Like in which world is she living in? She is too narrow minded.

Can you believe it? She was even against me being a doctor but however mum and dad supported me in pursuing my MBBS degree. But regarding this marriage thing, they totally support my grandmother.

"Nandini! aren't you ready yet? They have already arrived." My mum yelled, entering the room.

"Yes mum. I am ready." I replied, adjusting my duppatta, which had slipped off my shoulder. I so hate wearing this kurti. I don't get it how a dress can define a girl's character and wearing these kind of clothes represent her decency.

Soon I descended down the stairs, adjusting my duppatta from time to time.

"Look! here she is." My dad said. I just smiled and sat beside my dad.

I knew my grandmother had been glaring at me by now after all instead of greeting them I directly sat down. But I did it intentionally. So, no regrets.

Why did I do it intentionally?
Oh come on, I don't want to impress anyone.

There was an old uncle, probably his grand dad sitting beside a beautiful lady which I assume was his mum and a boy, for sure it was him, who had been sitting just in front of me in the single sofa.

I looked at the boy sitting in front of me. He was somehow different from the previous guys that I had met. He didn't wear those typical Indian dress just to show my family that he is a very decent guy. He had been wearing a causal blue khaki shirt and black jeans but it really suit him.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my grand mum's fake coughs. I looked at her and she had been constantly moving her head towards the kitchen and I knew she wanted me to bring tea for everyone.

I just acted as if I didn't see her indications but my dad squeezed my hand so tightly that I jumped on my seat. How embarrassing!

Pasting a lipgloss smile on my face, I made my way towards the kitchen. God why do I need to go through all this?

I knew the guys family had been watching my every single move and I was so glad that my impression wasn't that good on them. But who knew that it was just the opposite of what I thought.

After few minutes the tea was ready. I smirked as I made my way outside, hoping that my plan would work out. I offered everyone the tea and everyone took it except for his grand dad and my grand mum who had sugar.

I patiently waited for everyone to sip their tea but they didn't. They were busy chatting and asking me questions which I had to reply shyly. Like seriously!

They asked,"Are you happy with your profession?"

And instead of answering I first had to lower my eyes to the floor, fidget with my finger then paste a fake smile on my face and then answer,"Yes." Great I look like a complete idiot right now.

If I hadn't done this, I would have been grounded at least for a week. Why? Because my lovely grand mum took a whole hour of mine just to teach me this and according to her, her time is very precious. Sigh!

Finally someone sipped the tea and guess who was it to do it first, Manik. As soon as he sipped the tea, he scrunched his face and frowned, thankfully this was only noticed by me.

Come on now reject me but he didn't. Instead he sat quiet. I stomped my foot in irritation, grabbing everyone's attention. I could feel my grand mum's piercing glare on me and my body turned stiff.

But thankfully his mum covered it up. "We should give them some alone time after all they are the one to decide."

"Yes you are right." My grand mum said with her sweetest smile. "Nandini take Manik to the garden."

I got up and right then his mum sipped the tea and instead of frowning, she smiled and sipped it again.

Oh come on the tea must have been salty. So why isn't anyone reacting?

"The tea is very good." His mum complimented with a content smile.

Did my plan just flop?

I frowned and made my way towards the garden not even bothering to know if he had been following me or not. I looked back and he had been walking while glancing on his phone.

Even when we reached the garden, he was busy with his phone. Like seriously?

"So see here's the thing I am not interested in marrying you. So if you could just go and reject the marriage proposal-" I was cut in between.

"Ssshhh You talk too much." He said, looking at his phone screen.

Like What? He was annoying me.

"Look I don't want to-" I couldn't complete once again.

But this time he completed it for me. "Marry you."

***