4: The Deal

"Yes, you'll be seat right here, Jude Heartfilia."

Time stood still for Lucy as she heard her father's name.

The most smallest chance has appeared. Lucy's Father, the one who had given her the memories of pain, he's here, only 20 feet away from here.

"L-L-L-Loke-nii!" Lucy said, stuttering heavily. "H-hide me! Please!" Lucy yelled, almost screamed. Everyone across the room looked over, with concerned or angry exprission given on their face. Everyone.. Including Jude.

"Be quiet, Lucy-nii!!" Loke scolded, a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

"Lucy.." She heard her father mutter. "L-Lucy!!"

Crap

In no time, Lucy already was hearing the footsteps of her father running towards her. She stood up, maintaining direct eye contact with her father as he was running.

"Ota-San, hello." She was looking at the floor of the restaurant to hide any tears that might be falling from her face.

"Lucy!" Her fathers strong arms pulled her into a hug. Though, Lucy pulled away immediately from her fathers grasp.

"Please. Do not." She already felt her eyes and cheeks becoming moist with tears.

"Ahem. I-I'm sorry, daughter."

Sorry? SORRY?! All he says after everything. Nothing more.

"So, Lucy. I've seen you have a new family."

"Yes, Ota-san." She replied as plainly as possible.

"And you've grown into a very beautiful woman... Like your mother."

Lucy's eyes widened. He really just compared me to my mother? The woman he probably forgot after I left?

"Thank you Ota-san. Now, I'll leave you be."

"Lucy wait!" He held Lucy's shoulder in his hand before she walked away.

"Lucy!!" Lucy heard the voice of the woman she trusted the most, Kayla. Fast footsteps were heard closer and closer behind her, while her father's eyes widen by each second. She felt a tug on her other shoulder, pulling her away from her father. "Don't you dare leave a hand on Lucy, old man!" Kayla said harshly.

"Kayla! You don't understand! This.." She looked up at Jude, staring straight into his eyes. "This is my father, Jude Heartfilia."

"Nice to meet you. You must be Kayla." Jude greeted.

Kayla nodded. "Yes sir." She then shot Jude a glare. "Why are you here! Why are you harassing Lucy!"

"Kayla, please don't yell!" Lucy hissed.

"And I wasn't harassing her! I was simply asking her about her life now! Can't a father just care about her daughter for once?"

This time Lucy glared at him. For once? This is the only time you've actually cared about me in my entire life! "What you you want, father!" Lucy growled, trying to sound strict, but she failed. All her anger was getting to her head, and sadness leaked into her voice. "I know you! You wouldn't care for me, ever! You're talking to me for a reason that would only help you!" She made direct eye contact with her father. Her shining brown eyes were now dull and narrowed, her teeth and hands now clenched. She felt a dark aura around her body, seeing eyes belonging to both Kayla and Jude widening.

Jude's mouth formed into a smile, his eyes shaping with his grin. "Lucy. You know to much about me."

Both Lucy and Kayla's expressions turned into hostility towards Jude.

"Lucy, I did care for you. Don't say that. But, the second part is right. I have a favour to ask you..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Everybody was now sitting at Lucy's table. Loke, Kayla, and now Jude. Sitting there discussing what Jude is requesting from them.

"What?" Kayla asking, confused. "What do you mean, 'new highschool'?"

"Well it's pretty understandable," Jude jeered. "My company is creating a new highschool on the other side of Fiore, it's meant for gifted people."

"What do you mean gifted, Lucy is nothing but a normal teenage girl." Loke remarked while Lucy had nothing to do but agree. "Loke-nii is correct. For my entire life I've been living as every other typical girl. I'm not special or gifted."

Lucy held Jude's attention, "That's the point, I want you to attend this highschool so you can find what makes you gifted. Lucy, I was watched you when you where only a day old. You have a special power."

"Well, Jude. This school sounds too expensive. For your information, only one of us has a job." Kayla informed.

"No, no. Since Lucy is my daughter, It's a free scholarship. You won't have to pay anytime while she's there. Not even lunch!"

"No! I won't -" Kayla started to protest, although she was cut off by Lucy's look of satisfaction.

"Kayla, please! Let me go..This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! It can change our lives!" Her attention was brought onto Jude. "I'll be happy to join, Ota-san. But one small question.." Her head turned to Loke, a worried expression covering her face. "What about Loke?"

She glanced back at her father, who seemed to be inspecting Loke with his eyebrow arched and his arms folded. "I can't let him into the school. He doesn't seem gifted at all."

Lucy gasped and watched Loke for his reaction. Surely, she thought he'd be devastated.. But then..

"That's right. If it's a school for gifted, I can't do anything." He held out his arm, and tugged Lucy closer to his body. "But if anyone in that school makes my little sister sad, you're toast, old man!"

"Eh, y-yes." Jude stuttered. "Well, I suggest you start packing up. Lucy will start school two days from now. You'll be staying in the dorms." He started getting up, heading back to his table, until Lucy stopped him.

"Ota-san! What's the name of this school?"

"Fairy Tail. Fairy Tail High."